SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek! | Diode Dynamics

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek! | Diode Dynamics

SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek! | Diode Dynamics

SL1 LED Headlight Bulb for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek

Diode Dynamics is pleased to offer the USA-made SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek

SL1 LED Headlight. If you're looking to improve your 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek's visibility at night, you've probably seen plenty of aftermarket LED headlight bulb options. There are plenty of “high performance” LED lights on the market, but they all have their shortcomings. They're too big to install, have no hotspot in the beam pattern, or they simply stop working after just a few months! With its compact size, optically correct output, thermally-modeled cooling, and boost-mode electrical circuit, Diode Dynamics SL1 LED Headlight Bulbs are truly the best LED headlight bulbs on the market.

Street Legal Output. Don't be fooled by high lumen numbers or "projector specific" bulbs. Your 2016-2019 Crosstrek's headlights are designed to focus light. If the light source is out of focus, it doesn't matter how bright it is - you won't have a focused hotspot of light to shine down the road - just more glare. Some generic options have such a poor optical design, they might leave you wondering “how are LED headlights legal?!”

To correct this, the Diode Dynamics' SL1 LED Headlight Bulb was engineered with advanced optical design software, to perfectly match the halogen filament location. This allows the SL1 to focus light just like the original halogen headlights, preserving the focus and hotspot, with no added glare. It produces a functional beam pattern with zero glare, which we call Street Legal.

Tested to Perform. We test the SL1 in factory car headlights and measure the entire beam pattern using specialized equipment. The entire beam pattern is mapped, and we compare the total output to the original equipment, confirming that the SL1 headlight bulb shines more light in the hotspot, without adding extra glare on the road. The test results speak for themselves: in most lamps, like the 2015 F-150 halogen lamp below, there is 30-70% more light output in the critical hotspot, with zero glare. Thanks to optical engineering, testing, and validation in the application, the SL1 is the #1 LED bulb for reflector and projector headlights.

Staying Cool. You might’ve seen led headlight kits that use large straps for cooling, or fans that just make noise. These light bulbs run hot, resulting in degradation of output after a few months. When it comes to cooling, proper engineering is required to efficiently remove heat from the bulb. In the SL1, a copper core board, thermal phase-change material, and thermally-modeled zinc casting get heat to the base, where base fins release it, designed for aerodynamic performance in conjunction with the flow rate and pressure of the Sunon bearingless micro fan. The result is a highly effective and reliable cooling system, keeping the SL1’s LED chips running at maximum potential.

Fitment. With its patented design, installing the SL1 LED headlight bulb is simple and straightforward, requiring NO cutting or modification. There's no hanging metal straps, just a compact bulb that plugs right into your 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek, with a nylon-reinforced shroud. Only slightly larger than a standard halogen bulb, it fits behind dust caps and in tight spaces. The base sizes are keyed specifically to fit your vehicle, not one-size-fits-all! And the compact driver easily tucks away.

Reliability. Every part of the Diode Dynamics' SL1 LED Headlight Bulb is engineered with more expensive OEM-grade features to assure quality, such as the Sunon MagLev fan and PCB wire connectors" In short, these are designed, tested, and built to a much higher standard than your average imported led headlight conversion kit. The Diode Dynamics' SL1 LED Headlight Bulb will keep performing in your 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek for years, and is backed by a three-year warranty.

Specifications

Measured Lumens: 1630 (per bulb)
    Color Temp: 5700K (cool white)
    Power (watts): 20.2
    Operating Voltage: 5-16V
    Current (amps @ 13.2V): 1.58 Polarity:
    Polarity Specific LED Emitter: Luxeon Z ES
    Connector(s): OEM-Size Plug and Play
    Driver Features: External, Waterproof, Constant Current
    Materials: Copper PCB, PP-TD30 Base, Zinc Heatsink
    Cooling: Active, Mag-Lev Microfan
    Compliance Ratings: FMVSS108 Beam Pattern, SAE J575 Durability Test

Click To Order Your 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek SL1 LED High Beam Bulb Replacements:

Diode Dynamics SL1 Low Beam LED Headlight for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek

Diode Dynamics SL1 High Beam LED Headlight for 2016-2019 Subaru Crosstrek

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected]
    *PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
    Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

LED Focus: What you need to know!

Are you looking to make the switch from halogen to LED headlight bulbs? Before you do, check out this video to ensure you choose the best one.

Good optical focus means more light further down the road where you need without any glare. We put together this video to highlight what to look for when choosing an LED headlight bulb for your vehicle. Check it out! And don't forget to shoot us a PM for free USPS shipping on any U.S order!

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

There’s a new member here named car-a-holic. He PM’ed me asking about the free shipping, but since he’s new I can’t respond to him directly. Perhaps you can look him up and explain how that works.

BTW, I missed the free shipping deal myself as my order arrived last Friday (5/17). The SL-1 low beams are amazing, and the marker LED’s add a nice touch.

from one Jake to another, thanks.

Jake

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lightbg View Post
    There’s a new member here named car-a-holic. He PM’ed me asking about the free shipping, but since he’s new I can’t respond to him directly. Perhaps you can look him up and explain how that works.

BTW, I missed the free shipping deal myself as my order arrived last Friday (5/17). The SL-1 low beams are amazing, and the marker LED’s add a nice touch.

from one Jake to another, thanks.

Jake
    Sure thing! I'll see if I can reach out.

And feel free to shoot me your order # in a PM. Assuming it qualifies (USPS shipping + U.S address), I'd be happy to get those shipping costs back to you.

Thanks!

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

These look pretty legit for halogen diffused housing. If replacing both H11 and 9005, does the 9005 (high beam) reduce voltage to accommodate DRL? Have there been problems with using your 9005 as DRL? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    These look pretty legit for halogen diffused housing. If replacing both H11 and 9005, does the 9005 (high beam) reduce voltage to accommodate DRL? Have there been problems with using your 9005 as DRL? TIA!
    Thank you!

And that's a great question. Because the SL1 requires so little power, it actually remains at full brightness when serving as a DRL.

Aside from the additional light output, we've had no reported issues!

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

Think having LED headlight bulbs shine light 360-degrees is a good idea? Think again! Check out this video to see why!*

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

Jake, a question if I may,

i just installed your SL-1’s on my 2019 Premium. They work great, but after seeing this vid I’m not sure I did the correct alignment. On page 2 step 3 of your installation guide you state that the light should shine in opposite directions vertically from the bulb. Your video gives me the impression that the LED’s should fire sideways. I had to rotate the collar to align the LED’s up and down ( I even mentioned this in my PM to you, and you said the fans will work in any orientation). Opposite directions vertically I interpret as 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock, not 9 and 3.

Please clarify which orientation is correct.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by lightbg View Post
    Jake, a question if I may,

i just installed your SL-1’s on my 2019 Premium. They work great, but after seeing this vid I’m not sure I did the correct alignment. On page 2 step 3 of your installation guide you state that the light should shine in opposite directions vertically from the bulb. Your video gives me the impression that the LED’s should fire sideways. I had to rotate the collar to align the LED’s up and down ( I even mentioned this in my PM to you, and you said the fans will work in any orientation). Opposite directions vertically I interpret as 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock, not 9 and 3.

Please clarify which orientation is correct.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Hi Jake,

I apologize for any confusion, it's possible I misinterpreted your initial message. In the housing, you want the LED chips facing to either side. In some applications, this requires rotating the collar, which in turn rotates the fan. The position of the fan doesn't actually matter, it's the position of the LED chips themselves that will impact output.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
    Diode Dynamics

Having mine professionally installed tomorrow afternoon. Will report back on my impressions.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast