2018 Crosstrek/XV Bulbs Availablity - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2018 Crosstrek/XV Bulbs Availablity

Ideally, we would like to bring one into the studio here in St. Louis, but I can confirm that Subaru rarely changes bulb sizes (especially in the interior).

If you know a member with an 18' local to us here in St. Louis, please have them email us!

[email protected]

Thank you to the members on the forum who have chimed in with detailed information, we will be updating the listings to include newer years soon!

Nick C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
    Ideally, we would like to bring one into the studio here in St. Louis, but I can confirm that Subaru rarely changes bulb sizes (especially in the interior).

If you know a member with an 18' local to us here in St. Louis, please have them email us!

[email protected]

Thank you to the members on the forum who have chimed in with detailed information, we will be updating the listings to include newer years soon!

Nick C.
    OH, I wish I was closer to St. Louis.

In any case, would a copy of the Owner's Manual for Crosstrek 2018 do any help?

I have been flipping through this since my Mikan joined my life last Saturday, starting at the beginning, and from section 11-36 and on to the last section 14 has a lot of good information about the lightings, and how to change them with what. I personally am going to scan this portion into an useful PDF, and carry it around my iDevices so I can quickly check on things.

So far, I LOVE my Mikan!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.MORO View Post
    OH, I wish I was closer to St. Louis.

In any case, would a copy of the Owner's Manual for Crosstrek 2018 do any help?

I have been flipping through this since my Mikan joined my life last Saturday, starting at the beginning, and from section 11-36 and on to the last section 14 has a lot of good information about the lightings, and how to change them with what. I personally am going to scan this portion into an useful PDF, and carry it around my iDevices so I can quickly check on things.

So far, I LOVE my Mikan!
    Amazingly enough, we can't really rely on the owner's manual, because they aren't as accurate as you would hope. In reality, Subaru has used the same bulbs in every location on the XV every year, except for the fog lights.

Nick C.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
    Amazingly enough, we can't really rely on the owner's manual, because they aren't as accurate as you would hope. In reality, Subaru has used the same bulbs in every location on the XV every year, except for the fog lights.

Nick C.
    Interesting.

Looking at the owner's manual's bulb chart (US p.12-16), I noticed that several light bulbs do not have the Bulb No. but only a "-". WTH?
    They all do have the Wattage listed, though.

I guess I can presume that most everything is the same as the all new 2017 Impreza, correct?
    Both 2018 Crosstrek and the 2017 Impreza, are on the same new global platform, and also share the same body, correct?

They have subtle tweaks to the headlight housings I believe, but everything else is the same.

We've had 2017 Foresters, Outbacks, STIs, and WRXs in, and they've all been the same as earlier years FWIW

Nick C.

FYI, here's the 2018 Crosstrek lighting bulb chart from the manual.

2018 Light bulb chart.jpg2018 lights diagram.jpg
    "Mikan" (Tangerine in Japanese) 2018 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, CVT transmission (JRD) (w/ Option Package 13: Eyesight safety system, Blind Spot Detection w/ Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Tire pressure monitoring (TPMS) w/ individual wheel pressure display) in Sunshine Orange, w/ Dark Gray Metallic Body Side Molding

Hi again!
    After viewing this useful YouTube video by DD, I checked my interior lighting bulbs, which are missing from the MY18 manual's bulb chart I've posted above in this thread.

Map & Dome lights, and their light bulbs. 12V 8W. Not sure what these bulbs are officially called, though.

Dome & Map light bulb MY18.jpg
    Dome light MY18.jpg
    Map light MY18.jpg

Cargo room light & bulb. 12V 5W. Again, not sure what these bulbs are officially called, though.

Cargo light bulb MY18.jpg
    Cargo light MY18.jpg
    "Mikan" (Tangerine in Japanese) 2018 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, CVT transmission (JRD) (w/ Option Package 13: Eyesight safety system, Blind Spot Detection w/ Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Tire pressure monitoring (TPMS) w/ individual wheel pressure display) in Sunshine Orange, w/ Dark Gray Metallic Body Side Molding

As expected, those are identical to the previous XV model years

31mm Festoon style bulbs (glass with aluminum end caps) & 194 wedge (glass)

Thanks for posting pictures!

Nick C.

Seattle,
    What's the difference between a 7440 and a 7443? Both are listed on DDs website, but i'm not sure which one is correct. I guess both?

Thanks!

Matthew B.

Quote Originally Posted by MBurchCO View Post
    Seattle,
    What's the difference between a 7440 and a 7443? Both are listed on DDs website, but i'm not sure which one is correct. I guess both?

Thanks!

Matthew B.

Greetings

7440 is a Signal Bulb

7443 is the Brake Light bulb

http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/l...-types-xv.html

Hope this helps

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”
    Francis Bacon

2018 Sunshine Orange Cross Trek Sport (Can) 6 MT "Tigger"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast