Diode Dynamics: SmartTap CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay! Add One-Touch Signaling / Strobe

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Diode Dynamics: SmartTap CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay! Add One-Touch Signaling / Strobe

SmileDiode Dynamics: SmartTap CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay! Add One-Touch Signaling / Strobe

SmartTap CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay

Designed and Manufactured in St. Louis, Missouri!

The Diode Dynamics' SmartTap™ is a replacement turn signal flasher module compatible with any vehicle using a CF18 (LM449) Flasher. Programming each mode is simple with the help of the included programming guide and the use of existing vehicle controls.

Tap-to-Signal: One-touch signaling is a convenient way to signal to other drivers when switching lanes. Simply tap the turn signal for a series of signal blinks.

Arrival and Departure Modes: When the lock or unlock button is pressed, the surrounding area will illuminate for better visibility when approaching or leaving the vehicle at night. The lighting time can be adjusted from 10-90 seconds for additional illumination, or disabled if desired.

Unique Hazard Functions: The SmartTap™ has built-in strobe, slo-mo and wig-wag hazard functions to help the vehicle stand out when the hazards are on. Apply these functions on their own, together or with the strobe setting for a total of EIGHT unique hazard functions!

This product was designed and fully manufactured by Diode Dynamics, in St. Louis, Missouri. It is fully made in USA.

Diode Dynamics: SmartTap CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics: SmartTap CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
    Nick C.
    Diode Dynamics

Wig-Wag Function!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Nick, this will work on the Crosstrek? And I'm having custom retrofit headlights done by Circuit Demon using DD C-Lights, Panamera Halos and 2 sets of acrylic plates so there will be 3 possibly 4 of your switchback controllers on each headlight. And it will work with them?
    Last edited by fhartell; 01-27-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    2016 Crosstrek CWP Limited, SSD Strut Bar & LB,Full LED Lights,SBL 30" Flood Light Bar w/LaminX, SBL 42" Curved Driving Light Bar,Colin's Tail Lights,Cusco MC Brace,Perrin SD Lockout,PR Skid Plates,BD SP Yellow Fog Lights,Morimoto X.DRL 5 LED DRL's,Retrofitted HL by Circuit Demon,RokBlokz Mud Flaps,Drifz 308B Spec-R Wheels w/ Discoverer A/T3's,EcoHitch,HPS Short Ram Intake,Inferno UEL w/ Cat, XRT Tuned, CB Muffler

Quote Originally Posted by fhartell View Post
    Nick, this will work on the Crosstrek? And I'm having custom retrofit headlights done by Circuit Demon using DD C-Lights, Panamera Halos and 2 sets of acrylic plates so there will be 3 possibly 4 of your switchback controllers on each headlight. And it will work with them?
    The SmartTap is compatible with the CF18 flasher-equipped Crosstrek, and will work with the products you are installing

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
    Nick C.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

How to Program the Diode Dynamics SmartTap™ CF18 (LM449) Flasher Relay

Thank you!
    Nick C.

After a week of use, my blinkers all stopped working. Anyone else experienced this?

UPDATE: I checked the fuse, it was fine. Then I proceed to pull the SmartTap out, turns it it was burnt internally, it was a royal pain to pull it out too. Less than 1 week, and already failed.

Quote Originally Posted by EDKEdwin View Post
    After a week of use, my blinkers all stopped working. Anyone else experienced this?

UPDATE: I checked the fuse, it was fine. Then I proceed to pull the SmartTap out, turns it it was burnt internally, it was a royal pain to pull it out too. Less than 1 week, and already failed.
    Please contact us for a replacement unit: (314) 205-3033

We've made a design change that resolved this issue when used with incandescent bulbs.

My apologies for the inconvenience, but our team will make sure you are taken care of

Nick C.

Nick- Do the different emergency flasher patterns bust any state laws (say, IL & MO)?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast