Locked out of Car - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Locked out of Car

Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
    Argh, I had the same problem last night when I got out of work at 1:30 a.m when it was 12 degrees. I started it to warm up, as I'd done many times before without issue, buuuut this time as soon as I closed the door, I heard the locks go.....**** Thought I had starlink, but turns out I didn't have the upgraded service, after 1 hr. on the phone, I was able to add it and they remotely opened the doors. Wow, guess I gotta make some changes to my start ups....
    I would gladly give up the "convenience" of keyless door locks for the certainty of keyed entry with external key locks on both sides of the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MAINIAC XV View Post
    I`m in Maine what`s carjacking
    It's what you do when you have to change out a flat tire, silly.

I had this happen to me this morning with my 2019 Crosstrek. I have had THREE CrossTreks and NEVER had this happen before. I was at the gas station, shut off the car and got out to pump gas. My keys were on the passenger seat. I shut the door, pumped the gas and when I went to get back in my car, every door was locked. I had to get someone to drive me home, 15 minutes away, got the second fob and even THAT would NOT open the driver's side door!!!! It opened every other door. I then got my cell phone and tried using my app to unlock the door. It also would not unlock the driver's side door. The only thing that would unlock my driver's side door was the KEY from the fob!!!!!????

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Hi,

This has been addressed in previous threads...
    I live in Montreal & it happened to me 3 times over the past winter....only on cold mornings
    I went to Subaru and the service manager looked at me like I was nutz...
    He then called me a week later to say that he received a service bulletin that morning and that the driver door actuator had to be replaced
    They ended up replacing the actuator under warranty but the weather had warmed up...so I have had no chance to test.
    I would suggest that you get it replaced as well

Cheers
    No matter where you go, there you are.....

1970 Triumph GT6 / Seatbelts
    2018 CrossTrek Sport / EyeSight & Seatbelts

Quote Originally Posted by nickypooh View Post
    So, we want the anti-carjacking safety feature on the car door locks, or not?
    I have an anti-carjacking pedal. It's to the left of the brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2