Applies to All Model Years Longer waits for service at Subaru dealers

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Longer waits for service at Subaru dealers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    I suspect that the real problem is the shortage of workers in general with the current low unemployment rates AND the dealers being cheap and not paying out enough to the techs that they do have in order to keep them on the payroll. After all, whenever I go to a dealership for service, I typically don't see any 'older' techs... mainly just techs in their 20's. If they paid a bit more money, maybe they can keep the techs that they currently have or hire back some of their experienced techs that left for better pay.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I use the dealership only for warranty work. my 2016 has never been back to the dealership.

Mine either.

artosa
    '18 Premium DGM Low-tech, "StealthGeezer"
    "I'm not an expert at anything" and "Perspective is Everything"

My car went to the dealer for the first service, only because I wanted to see what their operation was like. Didn't go back for another service. Then only for warranty work, which was twice.

For me, if I have to go to the dealer, I'm going to be in line when they open the door in the morning, so at least I don't have to wait for other customers in front of me.
    2016 Quartz Blue Pearl Premium CVT.

Personalized with:
    Interior: LED lighting, auto dimming mirror, dashcam, trim rings on climate knobs.
    Exterior: Window visors, pin stripe, side molding, RokBlokz mudflaps.

I'll be visiting the dealer every 6 months until I hit 36 months from purchase just because I got 36 months of scheduled maintenance with the car. After that I'll do my own.

That said, my interactions with my local dealer, from sales to service, have been outstanding. I went in a few weeks after purchase for them to replace a cosmetically defective headlight housing, and for the first service at 6 months. Appointments need to be made at least 2 weeks out, but I scheduled 8 AM and they had me out in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    I use the dealership only for warranty work. my 2016 has never been back to the dealership.
    This is me for all my vehicles. If I don't have to return for warranty work -- then I won't be back. I like to do all my own service work - at least I know it's done right and no damage to vehicle.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Qat View Post
    I'll be visiting the dealer every 6 months until I hit 36 months from purchase just because I got 36 months of scheduled maintenance with the car. After that I'll do my own.

That said, my interactions with my local dealer, from sales to service, have been outstanding. I went in a few weeks after purchase for them to replace a cosmetically defective headlight housing, and for the first service at 6 months. Appointments need to be made at least 2 weeks out, but I scheduled 8 AM and they had me out in about an hour.
    There's always going to be a few great dealers out there and they should be celebrated! Unfortunately, there are at least just as many poor dealers that do exactly the opposite of the great dealers!

Quote Originally Posted by erader View Post
    I use the dealership only for warranty work.
    Same here. Which means my Subarus are always at the dealership.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast