Model Year 2012 to 2017 New Recall - Brake Light Switch - Page 7

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Recall - Brake Light Switch

I had a regular oil change appointment last Friday that I arranged a week earlier. I received the notice for the brake light switch the Thursday before. Called the local dealer up right away & they added this to the work list right away. The very next morning, all was done! Happy camper!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I just found out about the recall and had an accident in January. I couldn’t believe I rear ended someone whenI seen them stopped at the signal for ahead of me I downshifted and I still manage to rear end them with a good stopping Distance. It was almost the feeling like when you Get the rollover from the anti-lock brakes when you’re slamming on the brakes but I didn’t slam on the brakes it was almost like oh I don’t know look at disconnect feeling is the best way I can describe it right now. No reading about the recall I hear that it can cause all kinds of problems with ABS does anybody have any info on this or can you direct me in anyway on this

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_M.D. View Post
    I just found out about the recall and had an accident in January. I couldn’t believe I rear ended someone whenI seen them stopped at the signal for ahead of me I downshifted and I still manage to rear end them with a good stopping Distance. It was almost the feeling like when you Get the rollover from the anti-lock brakes when you’re slamming on the brakes but I didn’t slam on the brakes it was almost like oh I don’t know look at disconnect feeling is the best way I can describe it right now. No reading about the recall I hear that it can cause all kinds of problems with ABS does anybody have any info on this or can you direct me in anyway on this
    After reading your post describing the poor condition the car was in when you bought it,such as no rubber pad on the brake pedal,I would say that the brakes were just one more thing that they didn't check.The behavior of the brakes sounds like glazed and warped rotors from being overheated.

As for the brake light switch.That had nothing to do with your incident.It has nothing to do with the actual operation of the brakes themselves.Usually it will just cause a few warning lights to come on so if there is a problem you will know it.It can cause the shifter of a CVT car to get stuck in park.It can cause the brake lights to not come on.It can also cause a car with keyless ignition to not start.It's really nothing to worry about but you should call the dealer to make an appointment to get it changed ASAP.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7