Model Year 2012 to 2017 New Recall - Brake Light Switch - Page 6

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Recall - Brake Light Switch

Gave it all up years ago. Raised on Molson Golden, Genesee Cream Ale, Labatt's 50/50. Switched to Miller Light when I moved to FL 35 years ago. But the coffee and donut were fresh and FREE :-)
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FLCrosstrekker View Post
    Just got mine done. In and out in 40 minutes, free wifi, complimentary car wash,
    donut, and coffee. Thank you Subaru.
    I say nono to car wash... get that filthy brush away from my car.

Quote Originally Posted by djriful View Post
    I say nono to car wash... get that filthy brush away from my car.
    Yep, the first scratches on our new Crosstrek were from the first service and "free wash" from the dealer...
    In honor of Félicette, the first cat in space!

2018 Dark Grey Crosstrek Limited "Véronique", w/EyeSight, Nav, etc. (Packages #3 & #23) HU firmware Rel_U0.18.43.20

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

My dealer runs it through a touchless car wash up the block. No need to fret none.
    Subaru Ambassador - 2017 Limited, Venetian Red Pearl, Eyesight, Nav, moonroof, keyless entry, auto dimming rear view mirror with Homelink and compass, pushbutton start, Kicker powered sub, rear JL Audio C2 525x coaxials, JL Audio C2-650 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System up front, under seat Alpine MRV-F300 4 channel amp

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FLCrosstrekker View Post
    My dealer runs it through a touchless car wash up the block. No need to fret none.
    WoW!!!

A dealer that actually understands that washing a car means that the car is actually clean afterwards and without scratches! Well done!

Where I bought mine they paid a third party out back to wash and do tint. Literally gave him a patch of concrete, a shed, and water. He brought his own supplies.
    He did terrible at both things.

Had the work done today. Seemed to go OK. No free wash. No free breakfast.
    2016 Quartz Blue Pearl Premium CVT.

Personalized with:
    Interior: LED lighting, auto dimming mirror, dashcam, trim rings on climate knobs.
    Exterior: Window visors, pin stripe, side molding, RokBlokz mudflaps.

It makes me wonder if the 3 times I had to have the car in for service (CEL and VDC lights on and CC light blinking) had anything to do with this switch. First time they said VVT valve sensor. Second time was for an "oil flush" not covered under my extended warranty. Can't remember what the third time was for without pulling my records. 1st and 3rd only cost me my $100 deductible. 2nd time was over $400.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by orndog View Post
    Where I bought mine they paid a third party out back to wash and do tint. Literally gave him a patch of concrete, a shed, and water. He brought his own supplies.
    He did terrible at both things.
    Lowest bidder...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmg1969 View Post
    It makes me wonder if the 3 times I had to have the car in for service (CEL and VDC lights on and CC light blinking) had anything to do with this switch. First time they said VVT valve sensor. Second time was for an "oil flush" not covered under my extended warranty. Can't remember what the third time was for without pulling my records. 1st and 3rd only cost me my $100 deductible. 2nd time was over $400.
    It seems that a lot of different and very diverse things are leveraged on that switch...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast