Model Year 2018 and Newer Choice of Windshield Wash Fluid - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Choice of Windshield Wash Fluid

With everything else moving to semi-proprietary fluid I can't fault OP for asking. Personally, I keep deicing fluid in mine year 'round so I don't have to change for the winter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dougjc View Post
    Seems like people can't make the simplest "life" decisions anymore. Sorry, just how I see it.
    One of the best things about Forums is that people can come and ask questions that they do not have the answer to or are curious to learn about. The other thing that makes a forum a good one, is that they can ask questions and not be judged by others that may already know the answer to their question. Once a forum turns to ridiculing other members it not longer functions as a fun club to attract new members and can eventually lead to existing ones no longer feeling comfortable to remain. Helping others with their vehicles is part of the process of revisiting the forum to lend your existing knowledge without judgement.
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

In the UK used to use squeezy and water. Only ever froze once.

In California used to use water and dish washing liquid, never froze, but fouled the nozzles, I guess I wasn't using is as often as in the UK.

Now I use any old blue stuff. I was so impressed with teh performance of Camco "Xtreme Blue" that I made a note, but have not seen it since my first purchase. It says on the lable to +32F which I think is American for freezing, so might not work where you are. Only been to the snow a few days a year.

In the pre-internet buddies this was a "water cooler" discussion, or you'd ask your dad or uncle. Now we have forums.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I buy cheap blue stuff and add "Kristall klar" made by nextzett. Works wonders, makes my wipers last longer and smells great.

I will never use rain x, caused too many problems with past cars and fouling up sensors

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, all. Bought some Walmart -25 deg wash fluid. Would have gotten the standard blue stuff (rated down to 0 deg), but since we might spend some winter time in the mountains, I didn’t want to worry about sub-freezing temps.

There ... another $2.45 life decision made. :-)

2017 Subaru Forester Touring 2.5i (delivered Aug 03,2016) ... Eyesight, Nav
    2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (delivered Oct 05, 2018) ... Eyesight, Nav

Quote Originally Posted by Cap’n View Post
    There ... another $2.45 life decision made. :-)
    Snarky....
    Wool When Wet Is Warm
    2018 Limited (S) Ice Silver Metallic, Package 23, CVT, August 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by amx304 View Post
    Just someone looking for advice on a subject they're not familiar with. Asking questions is how we learn.

True, but if you look at this guy's posts, they are almost all derogative. He is like a walking Negative, a very bitter person.
    2018 Crosstrek 2.0i Premium, Sunshine Orange w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, Change Assist, Blindspot Detection, Whippet in cargo area

Quote Originally Posted by scroggins5000 View Post
    I make my own. 1 cup of isopropyl alcohol, About 1 tbsp of dish detergent (some are stronger than others), top the rest of the gallon off with water. The alcohol helps with streaking, and more can be added to help keep from freezing in colder temps.
    I wouldn't use dish detergent. It strips wax from your paint.

I use Rain-X. and as it does diminish during use I am that guy who washes his windows during a rain storm to freshen it up..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast