Model Year 2018 and Newer MudFlaps 235/75/15

  1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

    Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: MudFlaps 235/75/15

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4

    MudFlaps 235/75/15

    I don’t want to cut mudflaps to accommodate the wheels, is anyone making a flap for the 235/75/15’s that doesn’t rub?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    90
    Nope. Rokblokz and Gorilla Off Road are pretty much the same mud flap. Chicken has the Rokblokz and has rub. I have Gorillas and they rub.

    Can't speak for Rally Armor, but I'd bet they rub.

    If you go 235/75/15 you're going to have rub with or without mudflaps on the front. It will happen under full lock and even more so when braking and the nose of the car dives. It is minor without flaps, but much more pronounced with.

  4. #3

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4

  7. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Da1King View Post
    Nope. Rokblokz and Gorilla Off Road are pretty much the same mud flap. Chicken has the Rokblokz and has rub. I have Gorillas and they rub.

    Can't speak for Rally Armor, but I'd bet they rub.

    If you go 235/75/15 you're going to have rub with or without mudflaps on the front. It will happen under full lock and even more so when braking and the nose of the car dives. It is minor without flaps, but much more pronounced with.
    Yes, I am getting rub at 235/75/15 and I have a 1.5" lift.
    Will the rubbing wear out the rubber and eliminate it eventually?
    Should I do anything about it? Thanks

  8. #6
    Senior Member OrangeCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    THE state of Colorado
    Posts
    271
    I had Rally Armor mudflaps for about 1/2 day. Not only did they rub, they hate off-roading. I lost the first within 10min on a trail. The second came off an hour later. Not just popped off, but ripped the f*** out. Won't do mudflaps anymore.

  9. #7
    Didnt RekGen just come out with a set of mudflaps that are better for larger tires?
    They are slightly smaller than the rokblokz and gorillas.

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    I had Rally Armor mudflaps for about 1/2 day. Not only did they rub, they hate off-roading. I lost the first within 10min on a trail. The second came off an hour later. Not just popped off, but ripped the f*** out. Won't do mudflaps anymore.
    Yea, forget that. I'm not doing flaps. I plan to offroad.

  11. #9
    Senior Member stupidchicken03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by microsnook View Post
    Yea, forget that. I'm not doing flaps. I plan to offroad.
    The way I trimed/shaped mine, they do perfectly fine off-road.

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland. United States
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    I had Rally Armor mudflaps for about 1/2 day. Not only did they rub, they hate off-roading. I lost the first within 10min on a trail. The second came off an hour later. Not just popped off, but ripped the f*** out. Won't do mudflaps anymore.
    I love the look of Gorilla mudflaps for road and soft road. Super for gravel. Backing up to any obstacle can rip the flaps and what they attach to off the car. Going over rough terrain can impact the flaps, too.

    I love off roading.

    I would not do real off roading with flaps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ['12-'17] 235/60R16 on 16x7?
    By IcyFridge in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Latest Post: 03-13-2018, 04:13 PM
  2. ['18+] 235/75R15 general grabber
    By Sachin in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Latest Post: 01-31-2018, 12:38 AM
  3. NEW ENKIE's 235/60/16
    By mikenza in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 6
    Latest Post: 03-26-2017, 07:29 PM
  4. 235/65/16 studded tires on our '15 Crosstrek
    By elislider in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Latest Post: 02-02-2017, 12:57 PM
  5. 235/50/17
    By Zap in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Latest Post: 12-27-2015, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2