Auxiliary Battery Model - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Auxiliary Battery Model

Quote Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
    If it's using the same battery as the gas version, then it should be 390 CCA. Since you have had the car for a few years, it's not how much the battery is rated at that matters now, it's how much it puts out that matters now. All batteries as they age will loose some CCA as well as capacity much of it depends on how the battery has been treated since it was new - ie. has it been through a deep discharge, physical damage due to a very rough ride or never maintained (even for most 'maintenance free' battery, maintenance is needed for long life)?

Take the car in to almost any place that sells batteries and get a load test done to check how much CCA it has left.
    The car is under warranty still and going to see the dealer the end of this week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Thank you for posting this information. I've been doing a slow burn ever since I found out about this issue a few months ago and not getting any answers from dealerships. There are several Batteris Plus stores in my area. You just made my day! It's also really nice to hear that Subaru took care of your bill for the misdiagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by subienewbie View Post
    Thank you for posting this information. I've been doing a slow burn ever since I found out about this issue a few months ago and not getting any answers from dealerships. There are several Batteris Plus stores in my area. You just made my day! It's also really nice to hear that Subaru took care of your bill for the misdiagnosis.
    Yea it's good to finally have a definitive answer on the group number of the start/stop battery.

I couldn't even get a straight answer from SOA so this is good information to hang onto.
    '15 XV Crosstrek Hybrid in "Plasma Green Pearl"

Subaru Accessories: Remote Start, Splash Guards, Bumper Cover, Rear Seatback Protectors, Side & Rear Seatback Cargo Nets, Console Cargo Tray, Auto-Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink, Subaru Sunshade, Molded Front License Plate Bracket, 2x Subaru Slim License Plate Frame
    Other: Ziebart Full Vehicle Protection, WeatherTech FloorLiners, ProClip Phone Mount, OBDLink LX for Dash, Torklift Ecohitch, Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Rack

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Yes, glad there is an answer to that, but my happiness was short-lived. Then I started reading about people having problems with the hybrid alternator, which sounds even more expensive than the battery.

Super Moderator
    Yes, glad there is an answer to that, but my happiness was short-lived. Then I started reading about people having problems with the hybrid alternator, which sounds even more expensive than the battery.
    Seeing the level of confusion with the batteries, I would not be surprised if the alternator is really a non-issue and that people are confusing a battery issue with an alternator issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
    Seeing the level of confusion with the batteries, I would not be surprised if the alternator is really a non-issue and that people are confusing a battery issue with an alternator issue.
    What rlouie said.

I haven't seen a post on here where somebody legitimately had an alternator problem. Sure, a few people have had them replaced by mechanics blindly following the fault code, but those all ultimately came down to a bad battery (all the ones I've seen at least).

Subaru Accessories: Remote Start, Splash Guards, Bumper Cover, Rear Seatback Protectors, Side & Rear Seatback Cargo Nets, Console Cargo Tray, Auto-Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink, Subaru Sunshade, Molded Front License Plate Bracket, 2x Subaru Slim License Plate Frame
    Other: Ziebart Full Vehicle Protection, WeatherTech FloorLiners, ProClip Phone Mount, OBDLink LX for Dash, Torklift Ecohitch, Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Rack

This thread was kind of hard to find and but it just saved me over $500. I think a better title for this thread would be "EV mode quit working? Read this thread and save yourself time and money". Thanks to everyone.
    I used a battery from ebay search Deka 9A51P. $169 with free shipping.

Oh geez! I just noticed all of the replies on this thread. Sorry for the super, super, super super late response to it. I wound up going with the Duracell option, found at Batteries Plus Bulbs. It cost me $215, installed.

I have to say, the car even starts off of a stop better than it did when I first got it. I'm seriously happy I saved the money.

Subaru wound up quoting me $880 to get the new start-stop battery installed.

Then, when I had the start-stop battery installed and the Check Engine light remained on, the dealership wanted to charge $60 to reset it. Autozone let me use their socket set, and I fixed it by unplugging both batteries. It took me 2 minutes.

I'm severely disappointed in Subaru for this display of gouging and bad customer service. But hey, better options are out there! And they work FABULOUSLY.

Thanks all for your responses, many apologies for getting back so late.

Quote Originally Posted by ivegotaname View Post
    I wound up going with the Duracell option, found at Batteries Plus Bulbs. It cost me $215, installed.
    Did you end up getting the same model as this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by disappointed hybrid buyer View Post
    It's SLI51PAGM, Duracell ultra, the format is BCI Group S46B24R.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast