OEM tires

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OEM tires

OEM tires

So I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the OEM tires on their XV's? Anyone go through nasty mud and offroad trails yet?? How do they do?

I've done some pretty hard offroading but the ground wasn't very loose, the places I went more tested the suspension and the stiffness of the chasis. Might I say both areas are fantastic on this car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Both me and my wife love them
    There great in the dry
    Awesome in the wet
    Very very awesome in the snow
    What's not to love
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

Ya I know from driving through a 1ft blizzard with ease that these tires are very capable. I'm wondering if anyone with serious off road experience can share their thoughts on the tires.

I've driven off road through the slimy Ohio red clay without issue. Climbing out of a creek crossing through the same slick clay threw some mud but the car handled it comfortably.

To be honest I am rather surprised at the stock XVs capabilities, The approach angles aren't great and it really needs skid plates, but the car is up for moderate off-roading right out of the show room. I'm sure more aggressive tires would help it's off road ability, but for mild trails and mud the stock rubber does perform reasonably and it's great in wet and snow on road.

great, I recently had to find my friend in the woods after his quad broke down and the XV surprised me! I thought for sure I'd have some problems since all these trails are meant for atv's and dirtbikes but the XV did not have a problem at all. I guess it helped a little that being an avid dirtbiker I knew these trails blind and new the easy parts but even so I was impressed.

I'm glad to hear that the tires hold their own just as well on slick clay

One gripe I have is that there aren't a lot of aggressive tread patterns for our particular tire size. I would love to go down to a 16 inch wheel and have the ability to smack on some BF Goodrich A/T's or something similar... even the Goodyear Assurance Triple-tread CS.

Overall I don't have any complaints with the stock Geolanders, but it would be nice to have some more options.

I have the same thoughts, but the stock tires are doing me really well especially through the snow so I have little thoughts about getting rid of the awesome stock rims on the XV. I wonder if anyone knows who makes the rims?? Maybe they make a 16" model of our rims.

The new Vauxhall vxr rims are the exact same design as the XV's and being a lineup of much smaller cars maybe one of them possibly has 16" rims.

In some countries they get a Geolander IceGuard tyre
    Do t know if any better then our set

Overseas tyre

If u zoom in. Can see the difference

Aussie Tyre
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km