BF Goodrich KO2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By subiextrekker
  • 1 Post By isabella88
  • 3 Post By Jim O'Flaherty

Thread: BF Goodrich KO2

BF Goodrich KO2

So I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Method 502's (15x7) and BF Goodrich KO2's (215-75-15) which will be arriving soon. I'm getting the ADF 2" lift kit but I'm just waiting for some extra funds to hit my account before I do so. The question I have is, will I run into any problems with the new wheel/tire setup without the lift kit installed? I wont be having any 'fun' in them other than driving through the snow during these winter months as I would like to have the extra clearance before doing so. In other words, should I hold off on installing the wheels until I get the lift? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I had mine on before the lift (502's + grabbers - 215/75/15). I couldn't wait. Went off roading etc for several weekends. All was fine. **You will experience slight rubbing on tight driveway and parking lot turnarounds. Tires will bottom out in wheel wells on bumps if you hit them HARD enough. Id watch out for snow/ice buildup with the decreased space between tire and wheel well. I have the 2" lift and still get a little bit of rubbing, but again only on super tight turns parking, and only contact area between tires and vehicle is the plastic strip flap thingy that is mounted forward of the front tires. I trimmed that plastic piece off for the most part but still need to trim it a bit more. It is out of sight under car. Black plastic strip.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subiextrekker View Post
    So I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Method 502's (15x7) and BF Goodrich KO2's (215-75-15) which will be arriving soon. I'm getting the ADF 2" lift kit but I'm just waiting for some extra funds to hit my account before I do so. The question I have is, will I run into any problems with the new wheel/tire setup without the lift kit installed? I wont be having any 'fun' in them other than driving through the snow during these winter months as I would like to have the extra clearance before doing so. In other words, should I hold off on installing the wheels until I get the lift? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm using KO2's without a lift and they don't rub anywhere. Just keep your ears open when driving in snow so that ice doesn't build up in the wheel wells and rub on the tires.If it does you will get that sweet smell of burning rubber

+ Reply to Thread