STi rear sway bar?

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nsane1

Thread: STi rear sway bar?

STi rear sway bar?

Since everyone says WRX parts go on, would the 08+ STi RSB be a good improvement? Some of the online places show the bar and 2 bushings for under $100. They are supposed to be 19mm. I thought it might help a good bit without being $200+ for an aftermarket one. Used would be fine, but everyone snags them quick. Input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

It's on chris's approved list ****All you need to know about suspension and parts for XV*****

I might suggest joining North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club if not already signed up, many do if just for the classified. You may not find much listed or those that are go fast, but a secret is to post in the Private 'Wanted' Classifieds - NASIOC you'll probably get some good offers for what you're looking for. Do read the stickies especially the 'scammer thread' not to scare you off but to be safe.

I actually just picked up an 08 STI RSB off a friend for 25 bucks. Btw, the 08 model had an 18mm instead of a 19mm.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

A heavier rear bar generally will decrease understeer or push when driving fairly aggressive. This is good if you are looking to drive into turns quicker and you like to push the vehicle fairly hard on pavement. I'm fitting a stiffer and adjustable rear bar on my Porsche. The down side for a vehicle like the XV, is a heavier bar will decrease off road performance and make articulation worse. This means over rough, bumpy, rocky and irregular terrain the XV will be more prone to lifting a wheel off the ground. Be sure of what you want:-)

+ Reply to Thread