SUMO 2" lift for Crosstrek XV

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I'm not a fan of products that state "For off road use only". Its something an insurance agency can use to not pay a claim ie. "sorry sir bit with the illegal modification of your suspension we believe that was a main benefactor which lead to your collision." or something like that.

An insurance company can't deny a claim due to a modification. Nothing on your policy states the policy is void if you modify your vehicle. (I'm an insurance agent) it says that because modifying a suspension is illegal in some states and sometimes won't pass safety inspection,

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

What Brendenv says and stating "for off-road use only" limits the companies liability in the case of product failure while on the road where most vehicles spend their time. In this case they state by using it you accept full responsibility which most would not think of that as a concern. The nice feature is they offer the trailing arm spacer to keep the rear wheel centred properly which should allow larger tire choice but clearances may still be a problem.

This shouldn't worry you as most parts destined for off-road use, carry these warnings. Although going 2" may show up in future premature wear. On the Forester's there have been some indications that 2' is causing wear on steering related components, but again this is on older vehicles as oppossed to a new vehicle. I'd check out Jackson Rally (http://www.jacksonrally.com/?page_id=17) they have plenty of experience and were the pioneers behind Impreza lifts, although they have slackered off on production demands. Also Dirty Impreza (http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/) may be a forum to join if your interests are more off-road capability, as I'm sure there is going to be plenty of interest on the XV and aftermarket accessories and tire fitment.
    Last edited by good dog; 11-18-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Jackson Rally/Dirty Impreza info and spilling
    2008 2.5XS Forester 4EAT

I've got Subtle 1 inch lift kit on my wife's RS impreza
    I recommend them there so awesome
    So much more clearance so much better ride( makes ride stiffer and more enjoyable )
    And looks heaps better and easy to fit they sit on top of struts
    And cannot see they've been modified
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

My wife's lift kit

How high the rear sits now

The front
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

Quote Originally Posted by Brendenv View Post
    An insurance company can't deny a claim due to a modification. Nothing on your policy states the policy is void if you modify your vehicle. (I'm an insurance agent) it says that because modifying a suspension is illegal in some states and sometimes won't pass safety inspection,

I'm just saying its a prerequisite to your insurance to have your car maintained to a roadworthy standards. If fitting a lift kit wont let you pass a safety inspection, your car is no longer at a roadworthy standards. Not sure what its like in the states though

Quote Originally Posted by Catchem View Post
    I'm just saying its a prerequisite to your insurance to have your car maintained to a roadworthy standards. If fitting a lift kit wont let you pass a safety inspection, your car is no longer at a roadworthy standards. Not sure what its like in the states though
    Not true at all. You can insure any car road worthy or not. Nowhere in an insurance application does it ask if the vehicle is road worthy or if it has any illegal parts.

Never heard of an insurance company giving problems about lifting the car. I have heard of insurance companies having problems with these cars though.

Raising it 2" doesnt look as obvious as lowering it 2"