Mann 1" Lift Springs Rear End Slamming? - Page 4

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Mann 1" Lift Springs Rear End Slamming?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyeBourne View Post
    If you guys haven't noticed by now, I'm a cheap bastard.
    More power top you if you have the means and skills to make em! Its really a simple piece, and yes, I balked at the price for a bit of simple metal, As I thought, "I can make this" but without a welder or tools like a tap and die, i had to suck it up and pay.

Although, if you make a second set of front spacers, this sucker here might be interested in taking it off your hands!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DK_XV View Post
    More power top you if you have the means and skills to make em! Its really a simple piece, and yes, I balked at the price for a bit of simple metal, As I thought, "I can make this" but without a welder or tools like a tap and die, i had to suck it up and pay.

Although, if you make a second set of front spacers, this sucker here might be interested in taking it off your hands!
    The fronts will be coming in today, and should have a new nut with them. I'm going to use that to find the size materials I need, and see if I can find the matching coupler/rod. If I can, I'll make a few extra sets for any that want some, pending moderator approval. Rules state I can sell one without question though.

Not looking to make money, just cover cost of materials and shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also looked for the extensions. But Primitive was the only company I could find making them. I think Primitive might be more conservative then some of the other companies, but the more research everything think ~1" lift on stock dampers is going to push the stroke length to the limit. That's one of the reasons I just went with Kings which lift just 5/8".

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

An update on the DIY extensions. Turns out, the thread is M12x1.25. Neither coupling nuts nor threaded rod seem to exist in that thread pitch. So a buddy of mine tig welded three nuts together, and then tig'd them to the top of a bolt.

He runs a fabrication business (I've talked about him on here before.) I talked to him about the extensions, and he's going to look into getting some material and machining some for us. The tig welded nuts definitely work, and while I love the raw look of them, they don't have the "finished" look a business should be putting out on a production level.

Now I need to put the front end of my car back together tomorrow morning before work. Yay...

I seem to recall certain cars using a m12 x 1.25 wheel stud, if that's true a open lug nut and a short wheel stud could connect the rods.

Quote Originally Posted by EBG18T View Post
    I seem to recall certain cars using a m12 x 1.25 wheel stud, if that's true a open lug nut and a short wheel stud could connect the rods.
    A lug nut is not long enough by itself, so you'd still have to weld at least two together. And that's very difficult on a lug nut because one side is always either tapered or round to center the wheel.

Rallybourne - I was thinking an extended length open ended lug nut. The lugs I have in my track car are threaded all the way thru. My wheel studs are super long on there and the lug nut threads down.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4