Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting

Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting

Hi Benny,

Any chance the Forester "Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting" will work on the Crosstrek? I noticed you have it in stock.

If not, do you have any alternatives or suggestions? I'm mostly looking for the dimming aspect.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru Life View Post
    Hi Benny,

Any chance the Forester "Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting" will work on the Crosstrek? I noticed you have it in stock.

If not, do you have any alternatives or suggestions? I'm mostly looking for the dimming aspect.

Thanks.
    This is a good question and although the mirrors appear to be the same some initial research shows the Forester one being exclusive. What we can do is check your mirror part numbers and see if that is used in the Forester as well, If so we may be onto something. If you can please supply your VIN , You can PM it to me if you like.

Thanks,
    Benny

Thanks for the VIN. So unfortunately at this time its not looking too promising based on our catalog.

The mirror part numbers from your vehicle are only used in XV's and Impreza's and do not crossover to the Forester. I also checked the door wiring harnesses and found the same. In the case that the Forester used the same wiring I would say were onto something good.

Now with that being said the Forester and XV could have different harnesses simply based on the dimensions of the door where one may be longer than the other and IF the connectors are the same than that would be good news. At this time I cannot think of any other ways to check compatibility. I have yet to do a google/forum search on this swap but will as I get more time to work on this as perhaps someone may have tried this already.

-Benny

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruOnlineParts.com View Post
    Thanks for the VIN. So unfortunately at this time its not looking too promising based on our catalog.

The mirror part numbers from your vehicle are only used in XV's and Impreza's and do not crossover to the Forester. I also checked the door wiring harnesses and found the same. In the case that the Forester used the same wiring I would say were onto something good.

Now with that being said the Forester and XV could have different harnesses simply based on the dimensions of the door where one may be longer than the other and IF the connectors are the same than that would be good news. At this time I cannot think of any other ways to check compatibility. I have yet to do a google/forum search on this swap but will as I get more time to work on this as perhaps someone may have tried this already.

-Benny
    Thanks for looking into this. If you find a way, I'll definitely be a buyer. I'm sure others would be too.

Someone should measure the forester mirror and see if it's the same dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by mauldin View Post
    I think the bigger concern would be wiring. If it can wire and work properly, I'll use duct tape to mount it on the car if I have to

The heated non auto-dimming mirror from a Forester will fit. I just replaced my drivers side due to a rock hitting my mirror using a mirror (glass and heating element only) from a Forester.

Quote Originally Posted by applezz View Post
    The heated non auto-dimming mirror from a Forester will fit. I just replaced my drivers side due to a rock hitting my mirror using a mirror (glass and heating element only) from a Forester.
    Nice, With this being said the approach lighted mirror kit should work then. Do we have any takers willing to try it? Free shipping It will also be fully refundable if it does not work.

-Benny

OH SOMEONE PLEASE DO! This is one of my biggest complaints about this car is no blinker in the mirror! Makes it look cheap esp with all the incandescent lighting in use on the outside. I don't care about the auto dim, i am most interested in the entry lighting and the blinker in the housing! I know parts can be sourced for the blinker in the housing but if i can get the entry lighting too i would be pretty happy. I do have the auto dimming remote mirror so it would only be icing on the cake if I could get them all working together! If this can be done there will be zero hesitation once confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by mauldin View Post
    The Forester side mirrors glass will fit the XV/Impreza but the XV is not wired for approach lighting. On some web site I believe I seen a hot wire or some kind LED approach lighting. The glass will fit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast