Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting - Page 3

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Auto Dimming Heated Side Mirror Kit W/Approach Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruOnlineParts.com View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deguztrek View Post
    Stumbled upon this older thread when looking for auto-dimming heated side mirrors for my Crosstrek and now I have to know if they worked! If we don't hear back from SwedishChef I'd be willing to test the install myself if I can get a pair of the Forester mirrors. Thanks!
    Send me your email address and I will send you discounted quote
    -Benny
    If it doesn't work out with him I'm interested too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Can you provide a link to the parts in question? Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Stumbled upon this older thread when looking for auto-dimming heated side mirrors for my Crosstrek and now I have to know if they worked! If we don't hear back from SwedishChef I'd be willing to test the install myself if I can get a pair of the Forester mirrors. Thanks!

Send me your email address and I will send you discounted quote
    -Benny
    Did anything come of this?

Seems like there's been a lot of volunteers, but no one has followed through with doing it, or if they did they're not reporting back. This would be a valuable thing to know, a nice upgrade if it works.
    2015 Impreza Sport Limited - Crystal White Pearl - EyeSight/Nav/Moonroof/Push Button Start - CVT

Super Moderator
    Winter may have slowed things down a bit...

If it hasn't happened and their offer of a discounted order with hassle free returns stands I'm sitting with cash in hand. I would be thrilled to have all of these features on my side mirrors, driving at night is brutal in my xv because they seem to be at just the wrong height such that trucks always look like they have their high beams on and I get a ton of light reflection into my face

It looks like it will never happen. Looking at the Forester and Crosstrek wiring diagrams the wiring for the auto dimming (automatic anti-glare) and approach lighting (puddle lights) will have to be added to the Crosstrek. The Forester has additional wiring to the rearview mirror system for the auto dimming feature and additional wiring to the interior light system for the approach lighting feature.

This would not be an easy upgrade and would take some time. It would help if you had access to a junkyard Forester for the wiring. The easy way to upgrade would be to trade in the Crosstrek for a Forester or maybe try these - OLM Wide Angle Convex Mirrors - 2014+ Forester / 2013-2014 Crosstrek - Mirrors - Exterior - 2013+ Crosstrek < not sure if these will work on '15,'16 & '17 models

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ-XV View Post
    It looks like it will never happen. Looking at the Forester and Crosstrek wiring diagrams the wiring for the auto dimming (automatic anti-glare) and approach lighting (puddle lights) will have to be added to the Crosstrek. The Forester has additional wiring to the rearview mirror system for the auto dimming feature and additional wiring to the interior light system for the approach lighting feature.

This would not be an easy upgrade and would take some time. It would help if you had access to a junkyard Forester for the wiring. The easy way to upgrade would be to trade in the Crosstrek for a Forester or maybe try these - OLM Wide Angle Convex Mirrors - 2014+ Forester / 2013-2014 Crosstrek - Mirrors - Exterior - 2013+ Crosstrek < not sure if these will work on '15,'16 & '17 models
    Just because something is not an instant plug-and-play mod does not mean it will never happen. Few things in life come easy, working for what you want in life is a necessary component, a lot of the relatively common mods done here have happened as a result of people taking a risk and putting in the work to achieve what they wanted and others copying them, this is no different.

Adding a couple of extra leads to draw power to the mirrors is a relatively minor mod, the bigger concern is whether or not the connectors for everything else will match up and whether or not the mirrors will even fit inside the crosstrek housings.

I'm not sure what the wide angle mirrors you linked have to do with this discussion, however, they don't seem to be auto dimming, heated, or feature approach lighting.

Offer still stands, PM me with your email address if interested.

Thanks,
    Benny
    Sending PM now, thanks Benny and sorry for the delay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3