MazdaCX5 vs Subaru XV

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Interesting comparison but it seems he was driving the diesel versions of both and he stated the CX5 has more power that leads me to believe maybe the diesel in the XV is not turbo.

I compared both here in Oz while researching my options and to compare like for like I drove the CX5 GT petrol and the XV-S CVT as they were the closest to each other in specs. The CX5 performance was a slug, fully loaded with a family driving around the metro area including hills, but it was bigger inside than the XV. Also the exterior of the Mazda was more conservative than the XV but drove better on sealed roads as the XV was harder in the suspension.

Just for interest sake I took a CX5 GT Diesel for a drive and wow what a difference. Drove much better with loads of torque and made the car what it should always have been. Downside was the $3k plus extra for this option. Price wise the full spec XV-S CVT on road vs the CX5 petrol GT with options of mats, tint etc included showed a price difference of just over $6k more for the Mazda over the XV however when you add the diesel option is put the price difference to nearly $10k more. (prices were on road in SEQLD)

This is one of the reasons I went for the XV - price! but also because of the overall road presence, firmer handling, slightly cheaper service costs and insurance premium for me. Now I can only just imagine what the XV would be like with a WRX engine or even the 2Lt diesel turbo! That would make it untouchable in its price range......

http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/xv?utm_...Web%20Redirect

The video states that it is a XV diesel auto .. but UK Subaru don't have an auto Diesel (see above link or Subaru.co.uk for model variations). I don't think there is a subaru Diesel auto yet .. until the 2013 Outback is released. It is also the the base model XV (Xv-i) whereas CX5 Diesel is their "Sport MAxx Model" - higher spec and a lot more $. dunno how this idiot can claim this to be a fair comparison.

So you see a CX5 manual twin turbo 2.2l diesel v a XV Auto .. base model ..most likely the 1.6lt petrol. The guy on the video quips "Mazda is made for the driver" ... what a crock! How biased can you be?? This video is absurd.

Hello soobyXV-s aren't you from subi club

How's ya little girl going welcome buddy
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

Subaru don't make a auto Deisel turbo
    So they are compairing a twin turbo diesel to a N/A petrol
    So is this fair
    Europe Subaru get a Turbo Deisel 6 speed man
    This would be a better compairsion
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

Yes and you picked up another interesting point - the CX5 in the video is a Manual diesel and for whatever reason the CX5 available in Aust, in either Sports Maxx or GT, is Auto only for the diesel. Why I don't know as the only manual here is the petrol version......