Offroad Modifications and Pictures

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

View Poll Results: What to upgrade next

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snorkel

8 9.88%
  • Supercharger

14 17.28%
  • Exhaust

5 6.17%
  • Lift Kit

54 66.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Offroad Modifications and Pictures

Offroad Modifications and Pictures

Hey Everyone!

I want to see what you guys are doing for offroad fun. Here's a few pictures of my 2016 XV. Let me know what you think and what I should do next!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I actually like the hood; although, I had originally thought it would look absurd. Kudos for proving me wrong!!

Neat pics by the way

Wow! I have no interest in off-roading, but this looks bad-a$$. I love the hood. Any info on this mod? What headlight assembly did you go with? I think you need a build thread! Great job.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I absolutely LOVE how you've modded your Crosstrek! The most bad-a$$ 'trek I've seen IMO.

If you're looking for suggestions about what to do next, might I recommend adding a bull bar to complete the aggressive look.

Keep up the great work and happy off-roading!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Squash View Post
    I absolutely LOVE how you've modded your Crosstrek! The most bad-a$$ 'trek I've seen IMO.

If you're looking for suggestions about what to do next, might I recommend adding a bull bar to complete the aggressive look.

Keep up the great work and happy off-roading!

I dunno about a bull bar. I think that just takes away from the great angles, and the tucked in Light bar is perfect. Might have to steal that idea

My buddy has a WRX wagon, and is installing the lift soon, but one of my favorite things he has is a center mount firefly antenna for his CB on he roof basket. I think it makes it look like a little RC car. I said he needs to get a "27mhz" sticker on a flag.

Regardless, OP hasn't made any bad decisions yet on this bad a$$ build!!

Thanks guys. I am thinking of fabricating a custom snorkel next, and lifting it 1-2".... But I need consider the raptor supercharger and exhaust... airflow becomes a huge concern once I mod the engine.

DIGG IT!! the hood looks great. I like the light bar on the roof too. Nice mods!!
    __ ~~0`
    __ (/> __
    ( # )/-*-/( # )

Those Who Live Without Risk, Risk Not Living At All!

Snorkel - still a DIY project hope it doesn't leak https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrolock anywhere.
    Supercharger - currently only one I know that is available is from Australia Raptor Superchargers a DIY install, tune $600 extra, $3400-4400 + factor in shipping and freight. No warranty from Subaru and appears to be no warranty for the supercharger.
    Exhaust - wheeze burble burble. Inside you may think WRC, outside ricer. IMO if you're going to put an exhaust system on you should be made to hear it the way others do, from outside the car.
    Lift - is the most practical off road improvement you can make including tire upgrades Subaru XV Crosstrek Lift Kits - Anderson Design & fabrication does it the best. But don't forget skid plates too!

Diamond Bar, CA (30 miles, or 48 kms away from Los Angeles)
    One of the nicest crosstreks out there! Thanks for sharing. How heavy was the cf hood as compared to the steel oem hood we have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast