2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Prozach626
  • 1 Post By Jim651
  • 1 Post By good dog

Thread: 2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful

The 2017 Subaru Impreza made its official debut at the 2016 New York Auto Show.

Built on the all-new Subaru Global Platform architecture, the 2017 Impreza will be available in either sedan or five-door hatchback guise when it arrives dealerships in late 2016. The new architecture is "designed to deliver significantly higher levels of driving pleasure, agility, crash protection and ride comfort," according to Subaru. It will eventually underpin numerous Subaru vehicles, including its hybrid offerings.

More: 2017 Subaru Impreza is Roomier, Slightly More Powerful on AutoGuide.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Looks great in Silver...Subtle Improvements to be sure, but we will take.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach626 View Post
    Nice looking Mazda.
    The thought never crossed my mind until now!

When I was looking at vehicles to get, I looked at quite a number of makes/models.
    Despite many recommendations, I wouldn't look at Mazda - those old television commercials still gives me the creeps! One great example how advertising works, unfortunately for them in a bad way!

Nice to see changes to the Impreza, however where's the new Crosstrek?
    Saw that the engine HP on the 17 was up a tiny amount from 148 to 152, why bother, the Crosstrek
    needs more HP, problem is Subaru's refusing to boast up the HP, since it will drop their CAFE.
    They must be planning a huge new SUV, for ever expanding "portly" American families, a vehicle that
    will suck gas down.

they are, it will replace the Tribeca, a new seven passenger version of and outback. I'm not sure what it will be called but apparently planning to be released in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jonsstihl View Post
    they are, it will replace the Tribeca, a new seven passenger version of and outback. I'm not sure what it will be called but apparently planning to be released in 2018
    Discontinue the H6 engine but offer a bigger 7 passenger SUV.

<Sigh> Each year it seems that people get fatter and the cars get "roomier" ... Was behind an older
    Outback at a stop light and it was smaller than my Crosstrek... not the case any more!

Quote Originally Posted by soregon View Post
    <Sigh> Each year it seems that people get fatter and the cars get "roomier" ... Was behind an older
    Outback at a stop light and it was smaller than my Crosstrek... not the case any more!
    All for meeting higher safety standards, even older Subarus wouldnt meet/survive current crash standards. Thats the cars getting bigger not us.;-)

Quote Originally Posted by soregon View Post
    Each year it seems that people get fatter and the cars get "roomier" ... Was behind an older
    Crosstrek is bigger than my 4Runner SUV.

+ Reply to Thread