Top 10 Cheapest Crossovers

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By ivypepper
  • 4 Post By Duchapl

Thread: Top 10 Cheapest Crossovers

Top 10 Cheapest Crossovers

Crossovers are scalding hot right now because people want vehicles with sport utility size and practicality, but with driving dynamics of a car.

Fortunately, you don’t have to pay a lot of money to get into these jack-of-all-trade vehicles, especially with new sub-compact crossovers coming out like the Honda HR-V and the Mazda CX-3. Unfortunately, pricing information for the small Mazda crossover haven’t been announced, but when it does, you can expect it to be somewhere near the top of this list. Here’s our list that starts at under $23,000 including destination.
    Interested in a new crossover? See where the Subaru XV Crosstrek ranked in our list of Top 10 cheapest crossovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Alot of Baby Boomers are looking for ease of getting in and out of a car. As I recall it was ether a van or Kia Soul. They no longer offered the Honda Element in which it didn't sell good with the beach surfing crowd, but did sell well with the Baby Boomers. Like the bright colors so I can find it in the parking lot!

The HRV's are hitting dealers now. I'm not impressed, it looks like a Chevy Trax. They managed to make it less powerful than a Crosstrek with even less tourque! Good grief.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I drove the Honda HRV the night before it was released to go on sale. Not too impressed and the dealer tacked on $2700 worth of useless accessories in anticipation of big sales. They called a week later asking if we were still interested. Buying the Crosstrek today.

I waited a year for the HR-V to hit the lots. I test drove three of them three days in a row and was super disappointed. Compared to the Crosstrek, it's just a cheap little sub compact with no real price advantage.

I'm loving the Crosstrek I bought instead of the HR-V. She likes sharing the stable with the Outback.

Saw the HRV at the Indy 500. Definitely glad my wife decided not to wait for one. We were both unimpressed. Also got to see the Honda Civic concept. I have never been a Civic fan and despite liking it in pictures, I didn't like it in person. At one time Honda was ahead of the game. At this point they are playing catch up and really not doing that great at it IMO.

I have postponed buying the Crosstrek, waiting to see the HR-V and The CX-3.

I am extremely impressed with the reliability of a 2008 Fit and I was interested in the HR-V, hoping to get similar reliability. However the problems affecting the Fit manufactured in the same plant as the HR-V, are worrisome.

The CX-3 is manufactured in Japan, however, it is too cramped. Mazda seems to favor a long engine compartment and a small passenger compartment.

I am glad I postponed purchasing the Crosstrek, since the 2015 model has several important improvements over the 2014. On the other hand, waiting for 2016 could mean a new engine with direct injection - I would rather avoid these risks.

Subaru has too much history of troubles with their new engines. I am crossing my fingers hoping that they have finally fixed the FB2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by billybob View Post
    Alot of Baby Boomers are looking for ease of getting in and out of a car. As I recall it was ether a van or Kia Soul. They no longer offered the Honda Element in which it didn't sell good with the beach surfing crowd, but did sell well with the Baby Boomers. Like the bright colors so I can find it in the parking lot!
    I agree the XV seems to be popular with Baby Boomers, but as an "aging hipster" myself, it's more than just ease of entry and exit. I think it's a pretty sexy looking machine, so maybe I'm chasing lost youth, but my driving habits have changed. It gets me where I want to go in any weather, it's cargo-ready, and it's apparently safe and reliable. And, yes, I can just swing my legs around and fall out in a standing position. Bonus.
    2014 XV Crosstrek CVT "Dark Trek"
    Dark Gray Metallic
    Premium...with a few modifications

+ Reply to Thread