2018 Subaru Outback Gets New Style, Tons of Tweaks

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

2018 Subaru Outback Gets New Style, Tons of Tweaks

Quote:

Subaru has announced updates to the Outback for 2018, including new looks and fresh equipment.

The styling changes come to the front and rear, highlighted by wider, lower grille openings along with new bumpers and a new daytime LED running light design. Redesigned plastic cladding up front is also said to help protect the vehicle from thrown mud and stones, while a new wheel design arrives for Limited-trim Outbacks.

Power for the outback still comes from either a 2.5-liter four-cylinder Boxer engine that makes 175 horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque or a larger 3.6-liter flat six engine that makes 256 hp and 247 lb-ft of torque. Both engines send their power through a CVT, which Subaru says has been updated for 2018 to provide smoother response.

Added safety features arrive for the Outback in 2018, with new Steering Responsive Headlights (SRH) and High Beam Assist becoming available for certain models. Working in conjunction with LED headlights, SRH will turn the lights in the same direction as the driver steers into corners, while high-beam assist, which is available on Limited and Touring models, will automatically turn the high beams on and off depending on oncoming traffic.
    Read more about the 2018 Subaru Outback Gets New Style, Tons of Tweaks at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Wern't the Outback and Leggy JUST updated very recently?! I feel like they had a mid cycle refresh for the MY 17.

Super Moderator
    I've noticed that updates are getting more frequent from all OEMs in the past decade or so. It's almost like they ain't waiting for the sales to start dropping before they do a mid-cycle refresh.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Squash View Post
    Wern't the Outback and Leggy JUST updated very recently?! I feel like they had a mid cycle refresh for the MY 17.
    2015-17 all had the same front fascia (usually a signal of a refresh/facelift). I dunno what was 'refreshed', I don't think so, quick google shows nothing.

I liked the Outback's 15-17 front grille the best. I find it very interesting it adopted the Crosstrek/Forester style front, rather than the other way around.

+ Reply to Thread