5 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Subaru Impreza

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 5 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Subaru Impreza

5 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Subaru Impreza

Quote:

We got our hands on the 2017 Subaru Impreza and while it looks like a slight update, the truth is that it’s received a huge retooling for this generation. Here’s the lowdown.

First of all let’s set the stage. The old Impreza was a solid but slightly boring compact. Despite it being the only AWD compact car on the market and well priced for that privilege, it was missing a few important elements to help it stand above the rest of the segment.

For starters, it wasn’t very engaging to drive. The all-wheel drive added surefootedness, but not fun. Then we have to talk about the interior. When it came to the Impreza, they made a solid car, but seemed to have forgotten to design an interior until the last second.

With the 2017 Impreza, Subaru took the opportunity to redo its compact, addressing its low points while hopefully maintaining or improving its advantages. We had a brief test of the new car, and here’s what we found was worth mentioning.
    Read more about the 5 Things You Need to Know About the 2017 Subaru Impreza at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

All I know it is starting to looks like Mazda... cars are looking alike these days. Boring.

I like how they are finally getting rid of the reflector headlight housing. Projector headlights make the car look much more modern with added light visibility.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Wow, no longer the [under armrest] impossible to reach or see curvet switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleek View Post
    I like how they are finally getting rid of the reflector headlight housing. Projector headlights make the car look much more modern with added light visibility.
    Looks like the projector headlamps are only available on the Limited model. The rest of trim levels will still have reflector style lamps.

Have to confess the new stiff platform sounds appealing...as does the H/K option. But the 2l dog of an engine in my 15XV is starting to wear on me a bit. But I have to do a lot of hills around here (Rockies).

Sat in one at a VIP event. VERY nice. Love the new seats. And the infotainment is sleek.

The dash stitching is fake, plastic molding to look like stitching. Toyota does this as well. But like in the Toyotas, still results in much approved appearance.
    2017 Forester 2.5i Touring CBS
    Yakima Whispbars | Yakima Forklift x2 |pending...: EcoHitch 2" | Kuat NV2

If they had a small turbo diesel or a turbo at all I'd say trade in the 16' for it but knowing how boring the car is and the freeway speed is sketchy.its time to move to another car before the car is even a year old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast