Cheapest Cars to Own

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cheapest Cars to Own

Cheapest Cars to Own

Quote:

There's more to an inexpensive car than an inexpensive price

We can name plenty of vehicles that can be bought for a song but have running costs that will drive you to the poorhouse. When looking for inexpensive wheels, you have to consider repair costs, insurance costs, fuel costs, and resale value. Let's take a look at some vehicles that can be purchased and driven without breaking the bank.
    Read more about the Cheapest Cars to Own.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vahallaoven View Post
    Wait... Jeep Patriot? Am I reading something wrong?
    The entire thread is just autoguide spam. There seems to be a lot of it on this dumpy news section. I see no mention of Crosstrek, or even Subaru anywhere int he article.

but...
    It's a hot seller due to its low price and the high regard for the Jeep brand, and they are plentiful and cheap on the used market.
    There are tons of them all over carmax and other used lots, dirt cheap, and feel like it too. They are quite dinky.
    2015 Subaru Crosstrek- 5MT TOP
    Yakima Whispbars | Yakima Forklift x2 | EcoHitch 2" | Kuat NV2

"There are tons of them all over carmax and other used lots"

And I'll bet they aren't very old. One of my wife's colleagues drank the Jeep Kool-aid and has owned high end ones for years. And a year doesn't go by that my wife doesn't pick her up at the dealership on the way to work while 'It's in the shop getting fixed."

Quote Originally Posted by vahallaoven View Post
    Wait... Jeep Patriot? Am I reading something wrong?
    Oh boy! Jeep bashing on the forum today!! When my XV was hit by a deer last fall I had a new Patriot as a loaner. OMG - if we make fun of the Forester being a refrigerator on wheels, this thing was like a cardboard movers box on wheels. (And you could tell it was just waiting to break down)
    Scott
    2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i 5MT white
    Winter - Nokian Hakka R2 SUV (215/65R16)

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Oh boy! Jeep bashing on the forum today!! When my XV was hit by a deer last fall I had a new Patriot as a loaner. OMG - if we make fun of the Forester being a refrigerator on wheels, this thing was like a cardboard movers box on wheels. (And you could tell it was just waiting to break down)

I don't think we say that abou the Forester

It's not much different from the XV, almost same dash, similar drive-train. Just taller/longer.
    2015 Subaru Crosstrek- 5MT TOP
    Yakima Whispbars | Yakima Forklift x2 | EcoHitch 2" | Kuat NV2

^^^Guess those comments were a while ago and are lost from memory somewhere in the forum. But the styling is still pretty square - the Crosstrek has some lines and curves to break up the box - I still like the way it looks.
    Scott
    2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i 5MT white
    Winter - Nokian Hakka R2 SUV (215/65R16)

I think I am allowed a little Jeep bashing after spending a day in a rental Jeep through Boston traffic. Even my co-driver agreed with me, that thing drives like a brick with square wheels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast