AZ's 2016 Crosstrek SE - Page 7

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: AZ's 2016 Crosstrek SE

@Bearded Squash Cool beans. As it snowed today, today was not that day. haha
    But that makes sense. Thanks!

Oh, off topic but I saw in another thread that you were getting some hood dampers. Keep us updated on how those go? I had them in a old Toyota of mine and I miss them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by animated_zombie View Post
    @Bearded Squash Cool beans. As it snowed today, today was not that day. haha
    But that makes sense. Thanks!

Oh, off topic but I saw in another thread that you were getting some hood dampers. Keep us updated on how those go? I had them in a old Toyota of mine and I miss them.
    Sure thing! I'll probably post a pic or two in the other thread once I get them installed. Considering the weather we are getting in the Northeast, it might be a while before I tackle that, or any other project. Would love to have a heated garage...

Nothing too big. Just washed it as I parked under a tree and it decided to leak on me! haha...

Also caved and ordered the WRX mesh plug for the new rear bumper.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Got my car back, pretty excited!

Also had the muffler installed (Nameless 5")

Now, I just need to get the rest of the parts I have lying around installed

So on a whim this morning I started to put together a basic emergency kit for the Crosstrek and my Fiancée's Forester. So far I have:

-Toilet Paper
    -Hand sanitizer
    -Hand warming towels
    -Emergency only cash
    -Fire extinguisher

I know I'd like to add some water bottles, a blanket a few granola bars and when I get some extra cash pick up the Subaru first aid and road side emergency kits.

Anyone have any other thoughts? We haven't don't any crazy off roading, it's more of my Dad is 20 years retired military and has always told me to be prepared kind of thing.

Thanks!

Can't sleep. Ended up playing with a 3D model for printing a new trunk badge. I've seen people plasti-dip their badges, and delete their badges. I kind of want to do both - but I couldn't make up my mind. Anyway... here's what I've come up with. Plasti-dip the left hand side (the Subaru and AWD badges) and remove the the "Crosstrek" badge on the right. Then to keep with my whole DIY WRX theme, add this:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/fuC...em-trunk-badge

Inspired from the 2005ish WRX trunk badge:

Would only cost 25/30 bucks to print and for shipping. Just thinking out loud. But thoughts?
    Last edited by animated_zombie; 03-20-2017 at 05:54 AM.
    I'm Erin. Coffee & Subaru enthusiast.
    2016 Subaru Crosstrek SE: Build Up Thread

Finally installed the WRX bumper plug that I'd ordered when the car got hit. No idea why I didn't do this before, took literally two minutes to put on.

Assuming the weather cooperates tomorrow I'm hoping to get to do a few more small things on the car. I was planning on plasti-dipping the lower part of the rear bumper. But now that I've installed the plug I kind of like the two tone... Any thoughts? Thanks

I keep going back and forth on the idea of blacking out the bottom section of my rear bumper. I think if I saw a picture of what it looks like on someone else's white Crosstrek, I'd be able to make a decision. I suppose it would be easily reversible if you didn't like it as long as you used plastidip or vinyl.

I agree. I'm sure you could find it on white. But I know I haven't seen it yet on the red. My original plan (I'm not sure if I've ever vocalized this on here or not) was to cut out a portion of the bumper and weld a twin tip from a WRX onto my Nameless muffler. Then if the edges weren't perfect the matte finish of the plasti-dip would help hide that.

But as that's so far in the future (if ever) I'm not sure what to do now.

My plan for tomorrow is to blackout the rear badges, and play with the mirror, mud flaps and horns to see if I can figure those out.

Tried to stay busy today...

Re-did the 3D badge for the trunk. I think that this one is a little more OEM+ looking

Then I attempted to install my 2017 Forester Homelink mirror. The wiring/plugs seem completely different than ours. Would be nice to try to figure out a way to make it work as I really prefer the look of the newer glass; but time will tell. That being said if you have any ideas, or advice please let me know as I'm at a loss.

Not wanting to fail completely at actually doing work I started to install my RokBloks. Other than the factory one, I don't have a jack and not really wanting to use that installing the rear flaps weren't going to happen. But, I did mange to get the front ones on. So RB's in the front, and OEM flaps in the back (for now).

Before:

Now:

Hope everyone else had a good day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast