AZ's 2016 Crosstrek SE - Page 5

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: AZ's 2016 Crosstrek SE

Again, just little stuff.

I'm still torn between that, and the mesh grille. But this is obviously much cheaper - so it'll do for now.

And a twins shot!

Hopefully more soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Congratulations on your new addition. Nice mods. Best of luck. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am changing jobs, and taking a bit of a pay cut. So once I install all the parts I still having sitting around progress will probably slow down for awhile. Hopefully by that point though it will be "Winter-y" enough to get some fun action photos

Update - but kind of odd.

First off, I caved and bought a fairing for the roof rack. That should be here Sunday/Monday. I know that without bike rack, or basket or something it's kind of pointless. But I think they look cool, so whatever. Also I ordered some mudflaps for winter. I was debating between the Rokblokz and the Rally Armors. I ended up going with the Rokblokz; I think that the matte finish will blend in with the black lower trim better. Plus it being a like 60 bucks (ish) cheaper was nice. I'm turning in to a pretty good customer for Subispeed xD

Okay, and the weird part.

So today was my last day working at a Subaru dealer. I ended up leaving with the dashboard from a Gen 4 Legacy (what, it was in the trash :P ). I think that I'm going to try to make a more realistic setup for a steering wheel/pedal setup for the Forza on the XBOX One. Still trying to figure out how to make this work, but at least now I have a winter project to work on. Here's what it is so far:

So a little weird, but why not?

I also have this week off (between jobs) so hopefully I can get some stuff on the car that's just sitting around.

As always, thanks for reading!

Finally installed my fire extinguisher. Also got around to fixing the angle on my offset plate bracket. I was starting to worry that it might rub the paint.

I need to vacuum really badly. I have a battery powered one, but I forgot to charge it, and there is no outlet near the driveway to plug one in. Oh well, just don't judge me too hard xD

More stuff next week!

Great stuff animated_zombie! Lots of awesome mods.

I haven't updated this in awhile. It's too damn cold to go outside and do anything (Apartment life, with no garage). I did want to say that we are finally getting the winter weather - to go along with the cold, and I had two "firsts" with the car today.

1.) It fishtailed. This is my first AWD car. I've had FWD, but mainly RWD. It felt more like the RWD when the back swung out, but I thought that was odd as I know the AWD has a 60% front bias. So I can't logically explain that feeling - I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on that.

2.) In front of our building there is a pretty big hill. In the middle there is a speed bump. I always slow down to 3-4 mph before I drive over it just to try to be gentle. This afternoon as I tried to slow down from around 10 to 4, I could feel the brake pedal shudder and could hear a thumping noise. It felt very similar to the way my truck's brake pedal feels and I know the slotted rotors on it don't get along with the ABS. So I'm assuming that the ABS was engaging. But wouldn't I have seen a light pop on the dash when this happened? Again I feel stumped.

Other than that I've figured how that if you lock the car three times in succession the horn will beep, and if you hold the volume knob on the stereo (6.2") that you can get the screen to turn off without losing the sound. I feel like it's kind of funny what I've been confused by, and learned from since leaving the dealership.

I hope everyone here has been doing well, and hopefully I'll be a little more regular from here on out

-Erin

The ABS light doesn't light up when it kicks in. The dash light merely serves as a fault indicator for the ABS system.
    You would however notice an event on the MFD if yours has the full color display up on the dash.

@Duderotomy Thank you, that explains a lot. I don't have the full color MFD, but it's on my wish list. Having played with them in Foresters, I've seen how cool they can be.

I finally got my wind fairing on....

You can't see the fairing perfectly, but it's the only photo from the last couple days that turned out decent.
    It still needs a bit of adjustment. It and the fire extinguisher both rattle more than I'd like. But it's a Subaru; I may as well get used to rattles! xD

That's pretty much it for now. Hope you all are well. Thanks for reading.

So I woke up the Police knocking at my door. Apparently someone rear ended me in the middle of the night. As they left their Prius in the ditch, the Police were pretty sure that it wasn't my fault! *insert nervous laugh here*

It doesn't look too bad, but it's still frustrating. I suppose I'm posting photos here more to vent than anything else, but if anyone has any advice please do let me know. Other than the bumper cover being done, I'm not sure what else. It was pushed about 8-10" or so with the handbrake on..

Anyway here's the photos. I promise the Prius is far more dramatic than my little Trek.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks all!
    -Erin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast