AZ's 2016 Crosstrek SE - Page 3

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: AZ's 2016 Crosstrek SE

@OrngeXV I am in the US, it's the 2016 Special Edition. One of 1,500.

@l2yza "Pure Red" Normally it's a WRX/STI only colour.

Update time! Woo.

A couple of weeks ago I drove my Mom, my sister and myself to my Mom's friend's farm. Nothing more serious than hilly gravel roads, but I at least felt like I was doing some "proper Subaru-ing." xD

A fun shot at my Doctor's office:

I set my car to French for my Finacee, so that's been interesting (I don't speak French :P)

But in more exciting news, the break-in period is finally over. Plus my perfectionist tendencies were very pleased with this photo:

To celebrate, there was a quick wash and detail at work..

Finally I picked up a STi 20mm Rear sway bar (still waiting to go in)

Once that's installed, I have a feeling the car will get excited that it has "go-fast" parts on it, and magically turn into this:

...that's how it works, right? :P
    Last edited by animated_zombie; 08-12-2016 at 12:58 AM.
    I'm Erin. Coffee & Subaru enthusiast.
    2016 Subaru Crosstrek SE: Build Up Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by animated_zombie View Post
    Once that's installed, I have a feeling the car will get excited that it has "go-fast" parts on it, and magically turn into this:

...that's how it works, right? :P
    If that's how it works, I'd be driving a WRX! If only

Looking good! Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I'm really loving the car so far, and it's just little things. I can't wait to get into some of the bigger projects I have in mind.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

ok

AZ, your updates and photos are fantastic. I do like the Stark Industries paddle stickers

Thank you

I really like the paddles, I really dislike the adhesive they come with. The downshift paddle falls off almost every other day. Really looking for a better solution for that.

Thank you

I really like the paddles, I really dislike the adhesive they come with. The downshift paddle falls off almost every other day. Really looking for a better solution for that.
    I noticed on the website that it relies on a couple strips of double sided tape (WTF) i wonder how many other people have your issue AZ? Dont get me wrong, the extensions look great but if they are going to have that happen all the time, i think I'll pass on that mod.

That's totally reasonable. Until I can figure out a better solution for mounting - I don't recommend it.

Thank you

I know this may sound condescending, but that's not my intention, just know from the hobby world that sometimes it is important to clean plastics of finger oils prior to using paints or adhesives on them. Usually a 70% isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball or pad will do the trick without harming the base paint or plastic. Might be worth a shot to see if you get better adhesion.

J.

PS - The "Pure Red" had my attention for a few minutes when ordering my "Hyper Blue." I liked that they went with most of the Premium package with some of the Limited options thrown in that are not usually available, such as the gauges. I can't do leather seats, so the Limited package was out in the Hyper Blue, but I ended up adding a lot to it!

Finally I picked up a STi 20mm Rear sway bar (still waiting to go in)

Is this the same as the STI Strut Tower Brace? I ordered that for mine and would like to hear some feedback on it. The dealer has it, I am just waiting on my plates to arrive to have it installed. Thanks!

J.

@JameyM No worries. I thought I had cleaned it well (the kit actually came with some alcohol soaked pads) but it could definitely have been my fault. Nonetheless, I need to find a stronger way to hold them on. As for the STI bar, no. I have the rear sway bar which mounts between the springs in the back of the car. Where as the strut tower bar goes on the top of the springs in the front. They both stiffen up the suspension but are mounted in different ways. But keep us posted on your bar?

Oh, and the hyper blue was what I was going with originally. I really love that colour, but I fell in love with the interior of the Special Edition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast