Made in Malaysia XV

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Made in Malaysia XV

http://paultan.org/2012/09/23/malays...t-in-december/

Just announced today: The XV for Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand will be assembled in Malaysia. The vehicle will be a lower spec vehicle, and will sell at a lower price in these countries.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Mmmm, interesting, I wonder why not from Japan...are any other Subies made in Malaysia?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Better kenwood DVD SatNav but no Info display I hope these cheaply assembled Subarus won't give Subarus a bad name
    I've rather a fully imported Subaru from JAPAN anyday

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

The one thing going for it that I can see from the photos is that very nice dark blue colour that we here in Australia, were not given the option to choose

Hmm dark blue

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L
    Satin White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 5.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html]

My 2006 Impreza was a dark blue - beautiful colour, however, Subie used a white Primer underneath......and you guessed it, even tiny nicks and scratches show from a mile away!! As for Malaysian assembly, a lot of Japanese cars are now assembled in other countries. But I understand their continuous improvement processes, workflows and quality control are identical. Shouldn't matter too much, but who knows!

I wonder if XVs in the Philippines will eventually be sourced from Malaysia as well, given the logistical convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by kaeruxv View Post
    I wonder if XVs in the Philippines will eventually be sourced from Malaysia as well, given the logistical convenience.
    No. And that statement came from Motor Image Philippines.
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM