XV Makes a great in-car camper!

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: XV Makes a great in-car camper!

Red faceXV Makes a great in-car camper!

I saw a post about a $10 air mattress from kmart fitting in the XV. So I purchased that air mattress(http://http://www.kmart.com/northwes...ype=SKIP_LEVEL) as well as http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00) this adapter so I could fill it up with my compressor for tires.

Filled it up(make sure you leave it for a few hours filled up the first time b/c it expands and then refill later to maintain your pressure) and it fits super well and is very comfortable! I can't wait to try it out for a full night.

xv camp.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Great idea, being over 6 ft 4 inches tall, we have yet to try it, also hard to fit the dog in there with us,we usually tent it, nice to know it will fit

Let us all know with pictures if you think of it, showing us your camping adventure.

That's what makes owning a Subaru so Much Fun

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”

― Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by troutbum View Post
    ...also hard to fit the dog in there with us...
    Dogs have a way of making themselves "fit"
    '15 XV Crosstrek Hybrid in "Plasma Green Pearl"

Subaru Accessories: Remote Start, Splash Guards, Bumper Cover, Rear Seatback Protectors, Side & Rear Seatback Cargo Nets, Console Cargo Tray, Auto-Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink, Subaru Sunshade, Molded Front License Plate Bracket, 2x Subaru Slim License Plate Frame
    Other: Ziebart Full Vehicle Protection, WeatherTech FloorLiners, ProClip Phone Mount, OBDLink LX for Dash, Torklift Ecohitch, Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Rack

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I would love to put together a set-up like this. Do you use a twin mattress or single? The Kmart link isn't working for me.

Did you have to move the front seats all the way up, or did it fit with the seats in their normal position?
    '15 XV Crosstrek Hybrid in "Plasma Green Pearl"

Subaru Accessories: Remote Start, Splash Guards, Bumper Cover, Rear Seatback Protectors, Side & Rear Seatback Cargo Nets, Console Cargo Tray, Auto-Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink, Subaru Sunshade, Molded Front License Plate Bracket, 2x Subaru Slim License Plate Frame
    Other: Ziebart Full Vehicle Protection, WeatherTech FloorLiners, ProClip Phone Mount, OBDLink LX for Dash, Torklift Ecohitch, Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Rack

Yes, you have to pull your seats all the up and it fits perfect...twin size. I got a Coleman 12v pump that fills it fast!

Quote Originally Posted by demarcmj View Post
    Dogs have a way of making themselves "fit"
    The dog fits fine, YOU may not fit so well...
    2015 XV Crosstrek, Quartz Blue
    2007 Dodge 1500 4x4

Yeah, well what you plan and what happens ain't ever exactly been similar.
    - Jayne Cobb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast