XV Makes a great in-car camper! - Page 3

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: XV Makes a great in-car camper!

Quote Originally Posted by DebsXV View Post
    Instead of covering the whole car you could just use mosquito nets pieces that fit over each window or whole side (however you want to do it), and either sew in magnets around the edges or use self-adhesive magnetic tape, to hold each piece to the car.
    We've done that for my husbands kombi, and it works extremely well.
    Oh nice, great idea

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Grom View Post
    Didn't Top Gear do a special episode in Africa where they modified their cars for this? I remember Hammond choosing a Subaru Impreza Hatchback that he added a working kitchen too. It's all fiction for TV, but there might be a few good ideas there.
    Haha I just watched that last night. I found it weird that they did nothing to block out or repel bugs in the episode. Honestly nothing was really useful, it was all kinda silly.

Air Matrasse for XV

Hi there,
    I'm going to buy some new camping stuff this summer, so I'm wondering if somebody has an Idea:
    I would like to have one peace that should be combined out of this two (to prevent blood runing to our head while we're sleeping :-) subaru-bed.JPG
    Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MarilleMa View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm going to buy some new camping stuff this summer, so I'm wondering if somebody has an Idea:
    I would like to have one peace that should be combined out of this two (to prevent blood runing to our head while we're sleeping :-) Attachment 227810
    Thanks
    Hi MarilleMa, there's quite a few threads on the forums about camping with your XV/Crosstrek...and quite a few of us have done so! I'm sure you'll have fun
    Here's a couple of threads that may help
    Sleeping Quarters for 1
    Sleeping Platform for Road Trips

Just out of curiosity, why not just buy a small tent and use an air mattress? High quality 2 or even 4 person tents can be found anywhere for next to no money at all. Seems like much less hassle and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Pacquiao View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why not just buy a small tent and use an air mattress? High quality 2 or even 4 person tents can be found anywhere for next to no money at all. Seems like much less hassle and cheaper.
    Or both. It's a lot easier to setup an air mattress at a rest stop in the car than trying to setup a tent. Longer term, I'm all over a tent as a wilderness base camp, using the car for transportation, off roading, etc... and improving the base camp.

I've been considering this, thanks!

Ontario Canada Driving:___ 2016 Touring 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Pacquiao View Post
    Well high quality can be expensive actually... but you are right that a tent could be, in a way, the easier solution. It all depends how somebody camps, sometimes you are in a spot where you cant pitch the tent, or its a quick overnight on your way somewhere, some people could prefer the car in places like bear country.
    For one night you could simply sleep on the seat but many cant stand that. Very often people does both, tent and car... or even tent/car/trailer

One word: hotel
    The Garage
    2015 Crosstrek Premium CVT
    2016 Audi A6 3.0 Turbo Prestige
    2015 BMW 228i Sportline 6MT/Track Package
    2009 Jeep Liberty Sport

Lol, I am not going to live in my Crosstrek but camp for a few nights on road trips up far from city sure. I still need to find motel/hotel for bath/shower and bio. I cannot stand myself being stinky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast