new crosstrek 2016

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: new crosstrek 2016

new crosstrek 2016

Today I had had planned to order my new 2015 crosstrek limited, but the dealership told me that the dealership stopped ordering 2015 models. June 1st is the first day when I can start placing my order for the new crosstrek 2016.... is it worth the wait ?. What Can be the new updstes ? Cost ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Planet Subaru web site did say that there would be a 2016 Crosstrek for mid year 2015. You just confirmed that.
    From Planet Subaru: (Subaru typically updates a car for the fourth and fifth year of the five-year product cycle. Also known humorously as the "BMC" or "Big Minor Change," Subaru changes the car mechanically and visually without undertaking an entire redesign of the car).

Here is another one of the "take with a grain of salt" links from March 2015 that shows possible tail gate, tail light and interior updates. Don't get too excited until you see an official release.
    2016 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Turbo, Release Date, Changes,

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VSurfn View Post
    Planet Subaru web site did say that there would be a 2016 Crosstrek for mid year 2015. You just confirmed that.
    From Planet Subaru: (Subaru typically updates a car for the fourth and fifth year of the five-year product cycle. Also known humorously as the "BMC" or "Big Minor Change," Subaru changes the car mechanically and visually without undertaking an entire redesign of the car).

Here is another one of the "take with a grain of salt" links from March 2015 that shows possible tail gate, tail light and interior updates. Don't get too excited until you see an official release.

2016 Subaru XV Crosstrek - Turbo, Release Date, Changes,

those are some ugly rims for 2016 , interior looks better!
    ~ Pura Vida ~
    2015 SUBARU XV HYBRID Black/Black
    OEM AERO BARS
    YAKIMA LOAD WARRIOR
    20% Ceramic Tint Around

Quote Originally Posted by likuid View Post
    those are some ugly rims for 2016 , interior looks better!
    I think those are old, old 'concept' artwork for the Crosstrek Hybrid from way back before it launched.

Quote Originally Posted by rosicolima1987 View Post
    Today I had had planned to order my new 2015 crosstrek limited, but the dealership told me that the dealership stopped ordering 2015 models. June 1st is the first day when I can start placing my order for the new crosstrek 2016.... is it worth the wait ?. What Can be the new updstes ? Cost ?
    Sounds so strange. It is May 2015 and one cannot order 2015 models? Or can the backlog be so huge that they will be changing the assembly line by the time they are ready to build cars ordered today?

It sounds crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    Sounds so strange. It is May 2015 and one cannot order 2015 models? Or can the backlog be so huge that they will be changing the assembly line by the time they are ready to build cars ordered today?

It sounds crazy.
    More likely they wanted to sell their inventory, what was on the lot.

Impreza/Crosstrek platform isn't usually updated until late in the year, 4th quarter or so. 2015 refreshed models didn't even start hidding dealers until the last week of Dec.

Yeah, no one else has reported anything at all like this, and I think it's pretty safe to say that you just ended up a dealer that isn't eager to work with you. Try calling a different one, and see what happens.

The info at the Planet Subaru site is usually pretty good, and what they actually say is that they don't expect the 2016 models until December, which I think is much closer to accurate. Another news site to keep an eye on is cars101.com, which always announces when Subaru order periods open and close. They have no mention at all of 2015 XV orders wrapping up.

As for the linked website above ... it's too hilariously bad to even talk about. Obviously some guy with no inside information whatsoever, just writing random crap in an attempt to generate page views. I seriously think it's a disservice to link to nonsense like that, since it just encourages the spread of misinformation.

waiting or not waiting for model 2016

What do y'all recommend. I really like the 2015 models. They were very eager selling me one from the lot. There was a TOP crossTrek ready to go. if I decide to buy it from the lot, what kind of deal can I negotiate with my dealer. I probably would like to wait to see what kind of options the new model will have before I order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast