What did you do to your Subaru today???

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 279 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree2934Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Subaru today???

What did you do to your Subaru today???

A thread that appears on a number of Subaru forums I frequent, so might as well start one here.

Tell us what you did to your Subaru today, could be simple, could be some modifications, could be .....

Washed and waxed mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Went to the girlie bar. Does that count? He he he
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM

Speed test

Took it for an early morning speed test... :-)

Those hitch locks are so wourth it I got one on mine

Well yesterday I washed and waxed both my XV and RS
    Today we drove them down to Wollongong
    Last edited by ScoobyXV-L; 07-14-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Jason
    ScoobyXV- L
    MY15 Subaru Forester 2.5i S
    Crystal White Pearl (Snow)
    Ceramic Pro
    CVT

Fuelly - 6.8L - 1/100km
    Build Thread - http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/s...xv-2-0i-l.html
    http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/o...er-2-5i-s.html
    ]

Sure my wife has one too there called a light bar
    Here is mine ( mine is called a unibar)

I had big spotties on them on my old FOZ

Today I fitted
    1- front chrome fog light surrounds

2- rear chrome deflector surrounds

3- front under Scuff guard

I had my tires squeal already 90 kph taking a corner. VDC lit up saving this driver. Hehehe
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM

Quote Originally Posted by redskiesoverparadise View Post
    Took a corner waaaay too fast*** and brought up the low oil warning. (I think they were related.) Then the VDC warning came up. Put 1 litre of full synthetic oil and all was back to normal. (It was kind of low - near the bottom of the stick...)
    Another characteristic of the boxer design, microscopic amounts of oil left in the cylinders due to the flat/horizontal cylinder arrangement, burn off on start-up (not even noticeable to the eye), but it does add up, so check your oil regularly (I have a ritual on checking the oil (and overview of the engine comparment, fluid, dirt accumulation, etc., every Saturday morning or before a long road-trip) Subaru has a very high allowable oil consumption rate when regarding warranty coverage and concerns and it seems to vary in the different markets.

***BTW, the G95 tyres on the XVs are pretty good. Much better than the same tyre on my old Outback. Did they change the compound? Or is it the geometry of the XV suspension? They don't squeal at all on the XV either.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
    I had my tires squeal already 90 kph taking a corner. VDC lit up saving this driver. Hehehe
    No wonder why they have the nickname - Geosquealers
    Its just a couple of idiosyncrasies of owning a Subaru. But check your oil regularly.

Would that be more because Subarus are usually turbocharged? And turbo motors eat engine oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Would that be more because Subarus are usually turbocharged? And turbo motors eat engine oil.
    Nope non aspirated (NA) are affected as well, but good point the turbo's will burn oil too. Keep in mind this is not excessive that would indicate a problem unless you were getting visible blue smoke on start up till it warms up.

Now back to our regularly themed thread; "What did you do to your Subaru today???"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 279 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast