What did you do to your Subaru today??? - Page 279

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 296 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2954
Like Tree3073Likes

Thread: What did you do to your Subaru today???

upgraded to a 20mm rear swaybar

then added the F1 style brake light :lol: because yea, everybody needs this :derp:

also changed out the interior lights to LED along with the license plate lights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Almost lit it on fire...

So when I installed my lights, I used a universal wiring harness (which I never do, I always make my own, but I was feeling lazy). My dumb *** never verified it had the correct fuse.... so it turned out it had a 30amp fuse when it should be 10amp. So when things went wrong, the fuse didn't pop. It's a little unnerving to start seeing smoke come out your vents when driving on the freeway in the pouring rain, 500miles from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fog light upgrades...

I got out... this beast was stalking me already.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Used it to drive a point home.

This a-hole has been parked in a handicap spot for two days, over the line into our spot, preventing my wife from being able to park there (her vehicle is larger than mine.) Left them a nice note (seriously, I was nice, just politely asked them to please park a little more centered, as they were blocking our spot. I watched him read the note this morning while walking my dog and he crumpled it up and threw it on the ground in our spot.

So this is step two. Not everyone will agree with my methods, but it was this or have it towed, as reporting parking violations to our property manager results in immediate towing. I figured making a point might help. And I left a new note, still polite, providing my phone number so he can call me and I'll move my car. That way, I can have a conversation with him and explain that his parking preventing us from using our space.

If he throws a fit, I'll be sure to just have his car towed and he can pay the fines.

P.S., He has done this in the past, and also does not have a handicap placard. So he's an uber-douche.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyeBourne View Post
    Used it to drive a point home.

This a-hole has been parked in a handicap spot for two days, over the line into our spot, preventing my wife from being able to park there (her vehicle is larger than mine.) Left them a nice note (seriously, I was nice, just politely asked them to please park a little more centered, as they were blocking our spot. I watched him read the note this morning while walking my dog and he crumpled it up and threw it on the ground in our spot.

So this is step two. Not everyone will agree with my methods, but it was this or have it towed, as reporting parking violations to our property manager results in immediate towing. I figured making a point might help. And I left a new note, still polite, providing my phone number so he can call me and I'll move my car. That way, I can have a conversation with him and explain that his parking preventing us from using our space.

If he throws a fit, I'll be sure to just have his car towed and he can pay the fines.

P.S., He has done this in the past, and also does not have a handicap placard. So he's an uber-douche.

yea **** that, have him towed lol.
    i had these made, i keep use at least 1 a day lol

Ordered up a Pioneer App Radio 4. They are on special now ($299 down from $399+) so bit the bullet and got it and the extra harnesses/parts to keep the factory functions. Just under $450 for all the parts and accessories. Bye bye Starlink!

Pioneer App Radio 4 - Capacitive flush glass screen, HDMI - Slick radio if you have an iPhone for Car play, unfortunatrely dosent have android auto.
    Metra 40-LX11 Antenna Adaptor Cable - Required for Radio functionality
    Metra 95-8907HG Double DIN Dash Kit - Required
    Metra 70-1761 Radio Wiring Harness - Required
    Axxess AX-CAM6V 12 Volt DC to 6 Volt DC Step-Down Converter for Backup Cameras - Optional - to keep OEM backup camera
    Axxess AX-SUB28SWC Prewired Steering Wheel Control Harness - Optional - Retains factory AUX port as well as the backup camera wiring
    Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface - Optional - Keeps Factory steering wheel buttons
    Axxess AX-SUBUSB2 USB Retention Harness - Optional - Keeps factory USB port
    MicroBypass Parking Brake Switch - Optional - Allows full radio functionality when not parked

Not mine, but an example of the same kit installed - https://www.reddit.com/r/subaru/comm...92&sh=633d63a1
    Last edited by DK_XV; 01-18-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    It's a brown manual wagon. What more could you ask for? #PNW
    Subaroo Build Journal

Quote Originally Posted by RallyeBourne View Post
    Almost lit it on fire...
    Oh noes you let the magic blue smoke out of the wires. The magic blue smoke is supposed to stay inside the wires where it belongs. Bad RallyeBourne!

Welp, had a little carnage from the Anza trip. While my brother was driving, we dropped into a wash with a little bit of speed, and ended up breaking one of the few clips I had holding my bumper on (the one in the upper corner of the wheel well). This caused it to drag to the side, so I made the executive decision to remove it completely, and strapped it to my roof. Then, tired of hearing the edges slap against my windows at speed, I rearranged stuff and got it inside the cab. Then I got home, pulled it out, and CRACK! She cracked along the seam from the painted section to the textured black. So I salvaged what I could by cutting the lower portion off like I've seen a few people do.

I'll roll around like this until I get some time to source a new bumper. Then I'll keep this one for the off road adventures and the new one for the rest of the time. Or I'll finally make that metal bumper I've been wanting...

(After the pics, I spray painted everything visible, even the washer reservoir, flat black to hide it so it wasn't so obvious. It looks a LOT better now).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 296 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 ... LastLast