Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

So yeh...i hit a kangaroo in my new XV >:(

6K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  billybob 
#1 ·
So im driving my new white 2014 XV through the hills in australia taking my sister to school, going 50kmh (the speed limit on that road) then all of a sudden BAM! a kangaroo jumped out of the bush and into my passenger side headlight and bounced off hitting (or kicking) the two passenger side doors. I slowed down and turned into the road where i needed to go, dropped my sister off, as i drove back the kangaroo wasnt there...no doubt it was only a bump to him/her. The headlight was smashed (although the main headlight bulb was still intact!), the fender panel wash pushed back causing the door to grind against the panel each time the door was opened and various dints to the front and back passenger door.

Luckily we were ok but with it only having 6000km on the clock it made me sick.....and to top it off my excess on the insurance to get it fixed is $1400 as i am 24 years old (not 25) :mad: SO the headlight and panel needs replacing and they said the whole left side will need re-spraying....ouch...

I felt it was only right to go home that night and have a kangaroo steak for dinner...mmmm

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp White
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Bumper Automotive exterior

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
It's actually a healthier red meat than most of the rest, low fat and low cholesterol for the health concious and a good flavour too. A local restaurant serves up an Outback Plate - Kangaroo fillet, Barramundi with munthari berries Emu fillet, Crocodile and char grilled Scampi. Yummy!

In case you don't believe me, check it out The Bay Cafe

Hey SpiderGutz, from the Wirral eh? That's where all the posh scouser's go, and then they move to Perth :)

#16 ·
I saw some pics of kangaroo steak cooked and I have to say that does look tasty!

I have a better chance of hitting deer (which I have done twice)

#22 ·
Yes Deb, I agree it has a strong gamey taste. If you marinate steaks in pesto it tastes much better. My chef son in law cooked it this way and it was yummy. Otherwise the smell is too strong!

#19 ·
I hate to see this happened, but I share your misfortune. Last week, someone backed into me from a parking spot as I was driving through the parking lot at work. My passenger did have to use the bathroom, but ended up only needing a clean pair of pants. Here's what $4500 of damage looks like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.