What did your Subaru do for you today? - Page 70

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Like Tree1739Likes

Thread: What did your Subaru do for you today?

It stopped, out the highway. Starts and runs for a second, then stops. No codes, good fuel pressure. Had to get a trailer and bring it home.Don't trust the local dealer. Ive been a mechanic for 40 years, the oldest kid at the dealer is 2 years into his apprenticeship. They have a high turnover of staff, which doesn't instill confidence. It's just clicked over 105,000 k's. Its been faultless until now. Had all services apart from the first 2 done by me. Reason being, after the 2nd service it was very noisy when accelerating, air cleaner had been fitted incorrectly, wasn't sealed shut, very disappointed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Ok, all fixed now, was the airflow meter. Had a minute amount of dust in it. Airfilter has slight clearance where the foam is glued to seal it up. Is a genuine filter, will take it back and discuss it with the dealer tomorrow. Not setting my hopes too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynablue View Post
    Vahallaoven - What is it that makes me do a double-take when I look at your car? I just can't quite put my finger on it....

Attachment 216929
    Why, they are brothers! Your have off-road tires, mine have winter tires. Your is cover in mud and mine in salt. I rather have mud than salt to be honest. Salt is extremely hard to blast off the car after it has baked on the exhaust.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Brought home a new dining room set! (And NOT in boxes this time)

With room to spare!

IMG_4785.jpg
    CHRIS here, owner of a QUARTZ BLUE 2016 Crosstrek Limited!

"All the dude ever wanted was his rug back." - Jeffrey Lebowski

Turned over 100,000 miles (161,000 km) Saturday evening.

100000 (600 pix).jpg
    Scott
    2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i 5MT white
    Winter - Nokian Hakka R2 SUV (215/65R16)

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post

Attachment 224905
    Congratulations! Only, what, another 300,000 or so to go?

Attachment 224905
    AMAZING!!!!!

Are you a traveling sales exec?

Please tell us about the reliability over these 100K miles...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Pacquiao View Post
    AMAZING!!!!!

Are you a traveling sales exec?

Please tell us about the reliability over these 100K miles...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Thanks.

Not a traveling salesman - haha. I'm an archaeologist that drives up north to do research once a week (also have an elderly mother on the other side of the state that needs some help)... so lots of miles.

The car has been very reliable. Only had one warranty claim... Subaru replaced the 5th gear a couple weeks ago under my extended warranty - it was "whistling" in 5th gear (particularly between 45-50 mph) - they told me it was "worn." I'm not sure when it started and my have been there from new - can't remember but thought I should have the whistle checked out before the warranty expired. Other than that no problems (except when the deer ran into the side).
    The Crosstrek has gotten me through several bad snow storms (drifted rural roads, etc.) and handles the light off road driving I do (muddy fields, trails in woods, etc) very well as well as being comfortable on the road. Just about the prefect car for me.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
    Congratulations! Only, what, another 300,000 or so to go?
    Absolutely! Should do that no problems!
    Scott

Thanks.

Not a traveling salesman - haha. I'm an archaeologist that drives up north to do research once a week (also have an elderly mother on the other side of the state that needs some help)... so lots of miles.

The car has been very reliable. Only had one warranty claim... Subaru replaced the 5th gear a couple weeks ago under my extended warranty - it was "whistling" in 5th gear (particularly between 45-50 mph) - they told me it was "worn." I'm not sure when it started and my have been there from new - can't remember but thought I should have the whistle checked out before the warranty expired. Other than that no problems (except when the deer ran into the side).

The Crosstrek has gotten me through several bad snow storms (drifted rural roads, etc.) and handles the light off road driving I do (muddy fields, trails in woods, etc) very well as well as being comfortable on the road. Just about the prefect car for me.

Archaeologist? Impressive!

I didn't realize that a single gear could be changed (I just assumed it's replace the whole transmission). Good to know!

I stalked your Fuelly... How on earth are you getting such good fuel economy? I've been driving like a granny (apologies to any grannies on this forum; god bless you and your baked goods) and coasting and the BEST I've gotten is 30.5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast