Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

What did your Subaru do for you today?

Applies to All Model Years 
155K views 841 replies 219 participants last post by  Rick23 
#1 ·
#20 ·
Just don't like strangers around my stuff or my family. Not too worried about a break in.... I'll gladly inact my Castle law rights on anyone dumb enough to come around my home looking for trouble. A protection trained 90 pound Dutch Shepherd around the house doesn't hurt either....unless your the bad guy....then it's going to hurt a LOT!

#23 ·
A policy holder called me today with an insurance claim. She says "do you have a 4wd because I live out in the middle of nowhere"? I happily got to say "why yes I do" ;). My subie took me across dirt roads that had been mostly washed away. Oh and it also transports my 17' ladder nicely in the back. :)

#27 ·
I trucked home 6 boxes of post-bunny compost (hay mixed with bunny droppings) to put into a compost pile from a local rabbit rescue centre. I trucked home 4 other boxes on Monday.

Who knew that bunnys have such an active digestive system!

#33 ·
I have ONE rabbit and that thing poops so much I can feed my whole veggie garden all summer...lol...did you know that rabbit poo is the only poo that can be used fresh for plants? Yup. No need to compost it like you do with other manures. Makes for a convenient feeding system for my garden. I still add it to the composter though most of the time.

#28 ·
I brought home a dozen LARGE boxes to pack for the move north... Gettin' stoked! :eek:

Reactions: rlouie
#31 ·
My Crosstrek delivered a LOT of goodies that I decided I could part with before moving. I dropped off a HEAP of gently used odds and ends, clothing, books, appliances and sundries at the local Goodwill donation center. Fit WAY more than I would've imagined! Going back tomorrow to leave some "e-waste" behind; stuff that's perfectly good, but no longer needed or necessary.

Reactions: Sigmund and rlouie
#32 ·
And Subaru CONTINUES to deliver. Today, it enabled me to box a lamp for moving. The last time I moved this lamp, I neglected to pack it properly and it sustained a few dings. I think it'll fair better this time. ;)

Product Room Wood

This box originally housed my OEM Aerobars. I knew it would come in handy again. I'm all for repurposing things.

#34 ·
My XV made two strangers really happy yesterday.

I was driving along just outside of Kalispell, Montana, and I saw another orange XV in the opposing traffic lane, waiting to turn left. I looked at their car just as the two people inside spied by orange XV, and I saw their faces light up into a couple of the biggest grins imaginable. They started waving at me wildly, using both arms and with giant smiles, and I gave them a big crazy wave in return. Made my day, and I think it made theirs, too.

#36 ·
Recently it helped haul back stacking chairs (first load held 12, second load held 4 plus big bins of chair covers and sashes) that were borrowed for a 12 course wine pairing charity dinner I held at my house last Saturday.

Reactions: Ruckus