COUNTDOWN -- the New XV!! - Page 7

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: COUNTDOWN -- the New XV!!

Quote Originally Posted by DebsXV View Post
    The only thing I'm not keen about is that new lip at the back. With my current XV when you open the back the floor is flat, and you can slide things in and out easily. It looks like with the new one they've dropped the floor...(presumably to add 'extra boot/trunk space'.?) That's going to be such a pain.
    The current US version has this dip in it. Actually I think only the Australian version offers the flat floor, and you have it because you have a full size spare, or can be optioned to have a full spare. We have a dropped floor for more cargo area, but limited to a space saver.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DK_XV View Post
    The current US version has this dip in it. Actually I think only the Australian version offers the flat floor, and you have it because you have a full size spare, or can be optioned to have a full spare. We have a dropped floor for more cargo area, but limited to a space saver.
    Oh does it?..I didn't know that!
    That gives me hope that the Aussie model will still have the flat back then.

[QUOTE=CRAZYHAWK;1527721]In Florida, do you need heated seats?

Quote Originally Posted by coletrain View Post
    Now where did they put the buttons for the seat heaters this time? Looks like they are little bit more forward. LOL C'mon Subaru! :troll
    I used to need them in North Georgia- good catch! I was just baggin on the switch placement in general.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I think the set up will remain essentially the same as the last gen CrossTrek:

2.0i Base - manual, black mirrors, alloy wheels, fog, 6.5 inch screen with back up camera/Bluetooth, basic cloth

Jumping to a premium would add heated seats, heated mirrors, upgraded cloth, cargo tray, cargo cover.

I wish they would come out with some form of brochure. I want to know if they will offer something other than black interior for the seats. On the '17 a beige is only available on the Red and one Blue. If the '18 is only going to have black I may as well go ahead and buy the '17 now.

i was hesitant based on the shadowy teaser image pre-show... but i really like how it turned out. the pale blue is gorgeous. maybe i can convince the lady friend to go crosstrek for the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by paceman View Post
    I wish they would come out with some form of brochure. I want to know if they will offer something other than black interior for the seats. On the '17 a beige is only available on the Red and one Blue. If the '18 is only going to have black I may as well go ahead and buy the '17 now.
    I'm really interested to hear the rest of the US-market details, too -- colors, option packages, whether they will still offer a manual. I imagine we won't get all the details till sometime this summer, though, when Subaru gets close to opening the MY2018 order books. They won't want to divert too much attention to the new model too early, because doing that might impact sales of the 2017s ...

Quote Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
    I'm really interested to hear the rest of the US-market details, too -- colors, option packages, whether they will still offer a manual. I imagine we won't get all the details till sometime this summer, though, when Subaru gets close to opening the MY2018 order books. They won't want to divert too much attention to the new model too early, because doing that might impact sales of the 2017s ...
    was it confirmed the european market loses manual? if so, i would place all bets against the USDM having a manual option. that said, i test-drove the 2017 crosstrek manual at the behest of fellow forumites and actually narrowly preferred the CVT (it pains me to say that. i strongly dislike CVT and i've never owned a car with an automatic.)

Quote Originally Posted by nc.audio View Post
    was it confirmed the european market loses manual? if so, i would place all bets against the USDM having a manual option. that said, i test-drove the 2017 crosstrek manual at the behest of fellow forumites and actually narrowly preferred the CVT (it pains me to say that. i strongly dislike CVT and i've never owned a car with an automatic.)
    Sounds like you did the same as me when I bought my 2014 CVT, after test driving the 5MT. After driving manual transmissions for 25 years I settled for the Crosstrek CVT and I'm not very happy with it, I wan't to go back to manual but want a car will some ballz, more luxury and a smother ride. Hope to see a VW Alltrack or Audi A3 quattro manual transmission option brought to the states. There is also hope the next generation Forester looks more like a car then a brick on wheels.
    Interested in seeing if the new 2018 global chassis improved the ride, noise and vibration but without 175-HP or better and like a high 7s 0-60 time I'm not I buyer.

My wife has a '16 Forester with CVT, which I like, mostly. When going from reverse to drive, there is an unusually long pause before it is ready to go forward. I've never driven any automatic that has this long of a pause.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast