Purchasing a 2017- Tips???

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Purchasing a 2017- Tips???

Purchasing a 2017- Tips???

Hi all!

I am going to purchase a 17 Premium in the next two days. White with black interior, moonroof. Can the community provide me any tips? What to include? What to stay away from? Any advice from current owners would be appreciated. Looking forward to future forum discussions.

Thanks,
    Britt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Sounds like you have a reasonable handle on what you want. Do you have a handle on what price you are comfortable paying for it? Do you know if you are buying or leasing? If you have a trade in, do you know what it is worth? How many dealers do you have access to, and have you contacted their internet sales departments for their best offers? Knowing those and researching fair corresponding prices are the essence of my tips. Include the car, stay away from anything else.

Welcome to the forum

" What C-Spock says" Research the heck out of pricing,etc,etc,etc, Haggle,although you will find most will be pretty close on pricing,

You could also try getting a quote from Heuberger Motors

A Major forum sponsor and Great guys to talk with

Best of Luck and Don't be afraid to post Pics of your new ride

Troutbum
    Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...

― Francis Bacon

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bbail016 View Post
    Hi all!

I am going to purchase a 17 Premium in the next two days. White with black interior, moonroof. Can the community provide me any tips? What to include? What to stay away from? Any advice from current owners would be appreciated. Looking forward to future forum discussions.

Thanks,
    Britt
    A couple of thoughts...

If you value longer range for a remote start function, avoid the Limited and stick with Premium (as you said, but things can happen in the showroom). The port-installed system with the small antenna sticking out of the headliner at the top of the windshield has far better distance capability than the version with the push button ignition.

OTOH , even if you don't want nav, and if you don't care about remote start, consider a Limited anyway just to get away from the awful base radio made by Clarion. I believe the nav unit on the Limited is Harman, and doesn't suffer from the same defects I have found with failure to boot up/ find a strong local station/take forever to show the backup camera grid. I am tired enough of having to restart the car to get the radio to work/boot up that I'm considering replacing the entire head unit with aftermarket. In your position, it might be worth considering a Limited to avoid the head unit headaches.
    (BTW, no need to suggest dealer service...they even had Clarion reps look at it, and said it's within "normal performance". Worst quality (not sound quality...just turning on!) radio in my automotive lifetime!)
    Good luck!
    The Garage
    2015 Crosstrek Premium CVT
    2016 Audi A6 3.0 Turbo Prestige
    2015 BMW 228i Sportline 6MT/Track Package
    2009 Jeep Liberty Sport

Welcome!

And good advice from C-Spock. It sounds like you've figured out the package you want, so with that just do as much pricing research as you can, and be firm in your negotiation. Resist pressure to add anything else onto the sales contract as the deal is being closed -- extended warranties, in particular, are notoriously poor deals, and if you decide later that you'd be happier with one you'll be given plenty of opportunities to purchase it in the months to come.

Don't worry too much about factory accessories, either -- you can add most of those yourself at any time, and generally for a lower price than it would cost at the time of sale.

Thank you all! I currently have two dealers in a bidding war. Whomever comes out with the lowest price at noon today will be getting my business. Pics to follow!

Going with the lowest price is not the best course, IMHO. Service counts for something, honesty and integrity count, as well. Double check the 'out the door' price with each.

Many dealers can pad the final statement with a charge to make up the difference. Beware that the 'lowest price' may end up higher after the dealership finance guy gets done with you. They all want your business. Choose who you want to work with, get their best price, decide and you may create a relationship.

There is more to having a car than getting the lowest price. Loaners, warranty work, shop rates. It's work to find the true lowest cost to the journey. Some dealers are stealers. Some will appreciate your business.

I'm about 6 months owning my '16 Crosstrek. I got the limited with just about everything -it's what they had on the lot and I really, really love it. The nav and XM radio are perks i didn't think i'd like but they're very nice. I got the eyesight system and that's awesome as well for the adaptive cruise alone. Only suggestion i highly recommend is the body molding. I got the dealer to add it to close the deal. It's saved me some dings on the doors already. Looks great.

I, too, have just purchase a 2017 (Limited) with Eyesight. My wife and I have a 2017 Prius V with Blind Spot Warning and I think it's one of the greatest auto upgrades ever! Bit strong but I really like it.

The NAV unit on my 2016 Limited is a Fujitsu 10.

[QUOTE=Sportstick;1518633]A couple of thoughts...

If you value longer range for a remote start function, avoid the Limited and stick with Premium (as you said, but things can happen in the showroom). The port
    2016 Crosstrek Limited Crystal White / Black leather
    (GRD - 23) Moonroof Package W/Navigation/Eyesight
    Auto-dim Mirror/Homelink + Alarm/shock sensor + Side moldings

Polk Audio DB651 front speakers + de Auto Key 5000k HID kit
    Alla Lighting LED backup 921 800 Lumen
    Philips 9011 HIR1 SpyTec A118-C Dash Cam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast