2017 Crosstrek Prices Paid - Page 5

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 2017 Crosstrek Prices Paid

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bignick View Post
    Your figures don't add up. Post a copy of your sales order if you don't mind. Fold it over to block out personal info. $23,949 minus $3000 dealer discount, minus $500 coupon is $20,449. Not $19,949. Sorry I question the $3000 dealer discount as that is double to more than tripple a good discount on these cars and way below invoice.
    Crap!!! Sorry!!! The MSRP was $22,949.00, not $23.949.00.

$22,949.00
    -$3,000.00 Dealer Discount
    -$500.00 Subaru Ambassador

= $19,449.00

Updated my original post to reflect the correct MSRP. As for the dealer discount... it is what it is. That's what I got.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bignick View Post
    I'm trying to help my son find and buy a '17 Crosstrek. 5 dealers within 40 miles. I talked with 3 of them and they have their best price posted on their website. One that I bought from before will give me another $10 off. 2 others will not entertain an offer but said, the selling price is posted. I contacted a large out of state dealer and he wanted a $499 dealer doc and hand charge plus an out of state adjustment fee of $500 added to the selling price.
    Biggest piece of advice I can offer you is not to work off their price, especially online posted, but to do your research (Trucar, actual invoice, any add-on accessories should be valued at the part cost as they were likely installed at the factory) and make them come down to your price. If none of them are willing to meet your price, with five in the area you can go with whichever is lowest and start playing them against each other. You can still start this process even though you've opened talks on their terms.

On my recent purchase, I went from five dealers down to two final ones that said "we can make that price happen if you're in the dealership in person and willing to sign." The third dealer said it was $200 below what they could do in any way but they were willing to throw in a service credit to match (to which I asked "Service credit to use way down the line after the warranty expires? I've got two other dealers willing..." and they backed out). The other two never responded to my low offer. I ended up getting my 17 Ltd for what basically came out to a loss for the dealer and only ended up turning them profit on my trade (05 Mazda 6s with only 75k miles which they will likely get about 3-4k in profit on after minor engine repairs).

I bought a '17 model on Friday, Premium, CVT, Moonroof, Option Pkg #2, Crossbars. Dealer offered $1390.00 off MSRP without negotiation, I got another coupon discount of $500.00. Total off $1890.00, could have left a bit on the table which is OK by me. I did all the preliminary stuff on the phone, faxed insurance coverage, requested wash and detail, temp sticker mounted, all paperwork completed when I arrived. I had bought the car sight unseen with 8 miles, in stock 3 days at dealership. It's actually for my son and he hadn't seen it either until the papers were signed and they handed him the keys. The purchase took less than 20 minutes and zero stress.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Pacquiao View Post

$22,949.00

= $19,449.00

Updated my original post to reflect the correct MSRP. As for the dealer discount... it is what it is. That's what I got.

Did you have a trade in?

They chuckled when I tried to negotiate on the price. Living in the NW, and your in the NE as well, they said if you can find a better price, then by all means we can haggle. But in a 100+ mile search, the only price I found lower was used ones, and only just.
    I have a 2.0i base as well, they had it listed for $1300 off ($22,706 MSRP, listed for $21,357) To take it an extra $2k off that tho... Did they remove your spare tire, stereo and passenger seat? LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_XV View Post
    Did you have a trade in?

They chuckled when I tried to negotiate on the price. Living in the NW, and your in the NE as well, they said if you can find a better price, then by all means we can haggle. But in a 100+ mile search, the only price I found lower was used ones, and only just.
    I have a 2.0i base as well, they had it listed for $1300 off ($22,706 MSRP, listed for $21,357) To take it an extra $2k off that tho... Did they remove your spare tire, stereo and passenger seat? LOL
    Nope. They didn't remove anything. : )

And yes, I did have a trade. I received more than max dollar for my trade (more than KBB). The range of offers was $14,000 (Honda) - $19,000 (Jeep, plus $4,000 off the MSRP of a Renegade Sport). Subaru dealers were $16,500 and $17,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Pacquiao View Post

$22,949.00

= $19,449.00

Wow, nice. I got $1,500 under invoice and I thought I was getting a huge deal. Great find.

I ordered my 2017 Crosstrek two weeks ago:

Premium trim, Desert Khaki, 5MT (also got them to include rear bumper cover and body side moldings) which is set to arrive around April 10th.

$21,000 including delivery charge (before taxes and regs).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmatik View Post
    Wow, nice. I got $1,500 under invoice and I thought I was getting a huge deal. Great find.

I ordered my 2017 Crosstrek two weeks ago:

Premium trim, Desert Khaki, 5MT (also got them to include rear bumper cover and body side moldings) which is set to arrive around April 10th.

$21,000 including delivery charge (before taxes and regs).
    Sounds like you got an equally awesome deal, dude!!! NICE!!! I wanted a Desert Khaki, but there were none to be found within a 100 mile radius.

Two days ago, we picked up our 2017 Crosstrek Premium with CVT and Popular package 2 (Homelink mirror with compass, splash guards, bumper protector, cargo tray, seatback protectors, and all weather floor mats). Price of $22,622 includes destination charge but not taxes, title, and license. Dark gray metallic. The price was offered via internet quote from TrueCar, and I jumped on it - it was about $700 below what was offered by a couple of "no stress pricing" volume dealers. In fact, one of the volume dealers told us "if you can get it for that, go for it" - so we did.

Picking up my 2017 DK Premium CVT, the only extra is the rear bumper cover. Car is being delivered some day this week
    price agreed: $22,000
    Ambassador coupon:$500
    total paid before taxes and fees: $21,500 (includes destination)

Quote Originally Posted by kayakbasser View Post
    Picking up my 2017 DK Premium, the only extra is the rear bumper cover. Car is being delivered some day this week
    price agreed: $22,000
    Ambassador coupon:$500
    total paid before taxes and fees: $21,500 (includes destination)
    Is this for a manual? Where on earth in MA did you get a price like that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast