[GUIDE] VDC Shut-Off Switch Using OEM Buttons - Page 5

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] VDC Shut-Off Switch Using OEM Buttons

Welcome to the Crosstrek club!

As far as I'm aware, there isn't any way to fully disable the VDC without pulling the fuse mentioned here.

Also, I'm incredibly jealous of your ability to purchase a 6-speed manual. I'd LOVE to have that 6th gear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Thank you very much.

I have a friend in one of the dealers here in Slovakia, I will try to get some info from him especialy about the steering angle sensor. My only concern about the fuse solution is lack of ABS, which I. Find pretty useful...

All EU spec 2.0i are 6speed, 5speed are only ones with 1.6i, they also have low range gear. The 6th gear is reaaaaaaly long (170kph is 4000rpm) and it helps the economy, but even on the highway it is better to use 5th up the hills
    But it took me almost one year to find nice used 2.0i with manual, 80% of all XV are with diesel here and 90% of the rest are with CVT... Slovakia is not that big market but since 2012 to 2014 there were sold 9!!! XVs with 2.0i and manual :P

Well I went a different route with acquiring parts for this modification.
    I purchased the switch panel from a 2015 WRX with just the lower VDC button, an open slot where the Crosstrek's VDC button would be placed (fog light button on WRX), and included the dimmer dial.

My intention is to wire a relay that is triggered by the second VDC button to disrupt power to the yaw sensor under the center console. From my research, our yaw sensor is used across a long list of different vehicles including Nissan's and Infiniti's. From the experiences with these other groups, if you disrupt the power supply to the yaw sensor it will disable ONLY the VDC system and not the rest of the ABS system.
    Using the momentary VDC button/switch to simply disrupt the power supply to the sensor should result in the vehicle turning off the system until the ignition is cycled again. Using the momentary switch here ensures that you don't forget to turn the system back on after you decided to disable it.

Here is the switch panel I picked up from a wrecking yard for $20.

$_57-1.jpg

This really sounds more like it
    Where can this yaw sensor be found? Do you please have a guide for this?
    Thank you!
    I also wonder if the individual wheel braking when traction is lost still works..

The yaw sensor is located under the cup holders if you remove the center console trim panels from the car.

The best research into this option can be found over on SubaruForester.org in the following thread: The ultimate "VDC disable" thread - Page 2 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
    The most relevant information starts at post #58 in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderotomy View Post
    The yaw sensor is located under the cup holders if you remove the center console trim panels from the car.

The best research into this option can be found over on SubaruForester.org in the following thread: The ultimate "VDC disable" thread - Page 2 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
    The most relevant information starts at post #58 in the thread.
    I think I might give this a shot tomorrow. Is the yaw sensor located in the same spot in a Crosstrek? I'd assume so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5