abs hill start assist and traction control light

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: abs hill start assist and traction control light

abs hill start assist and traction control light

Hey guys the abs,hill start,traction control light seem to come on and won't go off when starting car fast and now have started coming on for no reason has anyone experienced this is it common something im.doing wrong should I take it in I would say this happens once a month or 2 since purchasing the vehicle

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Consider yourself lucky that the lights do go on. Likely there is a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) in memory that the dealer can work with. Sounds like a brake light sensor common on other Subaru models.

I just made a post earlier today, always happens when I am applying brakes, either while driving, or while parked before I shift out of Park. If your problem is like mine you can reset your lights by restarting it, until they pop on again, or you can get to dealership.

If you get into service please post what the result was, I can't make it in until early Feb.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Well now on top of all those lights now my car is stuck in park ahhhhhh can't wait till Thursday to get this fixed this is my first subaru and I hear of legendary longevity I hope this isn't a sign of things to come I absolutely love this vehicle only have 16k on it guess we will wait n see

The selector cannot be moved out of Park if the brakes are not on or there is a malfunction in the brake sensor. Look for a hole in the upper left of the selector area. It probably has a cover that has to be removed. Insert a screwdriver in the hole to manually release the selector.

Well problem solved was a break light switch as stated by others just needed adjustment

The codes are stored even if the light goes out. Dealer replaced my BLS under warranty on Friday
    2017 Forester XT Premium QBP
    Aero Bars, Seat back and Cargo protector, Console tray, Mud guards, Door and Rear Bumper guards
    Husky liners

2014 XV Crosstrek ISM
    Purchased 3/14
    Traded 8/16
    56850 Miles

So I was told the issue is the Break light switch as well. I have Subaru extended warranty Gold Plus and I still have to pay a $100 deductible on Friday when j get it fixed at the dealership. What's up with that?? I thought I got a warranty, not additional insurance!!! Also I have only been driving car 18 months... Bought last years model brand new... Argh!! Any suggestions?? Did everyone else have to pay $100???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast