abs hill start assist and traction control light - Page 2

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: abs hill start assist and traction control light

Quote Originally Posted by Jphuebel View Post
    So I was told the issue is the Break light switch as well. I have Subaru extended warranty Gold Plus and I still have to pay a $100 deductible on Friday when j get it fixed at the dealership. What's up with that?? I thought I got a warranty, not additional insurance!!! Also I have only been driving car 18 months... Bought last years model brand new... Argh!! Any suggestions?? Did everyone else have to pay $100???
    If you bought it new, then it comes with a three year and/or 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. You shouldn't have to pay anything until that warranty is done. If the dealer won't budge, tell them you'll take your case to SOA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    If you bought it new, then it comes with a three year and/or 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. You shouldn't have to pay anything until that warranty is done. If the dealer won't budge, tell them you'll take your case to SOA.
    Agreed. This gold plus should kick in after the Subaru warranty. Get your money back.

I got the same issue. Glad i am not the only one. Is everyone who gets it having it be the same issue, the break light switch? Need to get in on a day off and would be great to know what to ask or listen for when I talk to the tech.
    IMG_20150702_100918758.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jphuebel View Post
    So I was told the issue is the Break light switch as well. I have Subaru extended warranty Gold Plus and I still have to pay a $100 deductible on Friday when j get it fixed at the dealership. What's up with that?? I thought I got a warranty, not additional insurance!!! Also I have only been driving car 18 months... Bought last years model brand new... Argh!! Any suggestions?? Did everyone else have to pay $100???
    Warranty starts at the time you purchased it 36 months or 3 years. Sounds like the sealership is trying to pull a fast one. Was their any other work done? You need to go back and get your money!

This sounds exactly like what my wife just called me about on hers. Guess we'll be getting it replaced before I get another phone call from her saying it won't move out of Park!!

I just changed my steering wheel out for a leather one that I found on eBay. It was a bit of a pain getting the air bag off but I got it done. Now though, my ABS, traction and stability control lights are all on. The traction control switch is ineffective. What have I done wrong?

I'm just now experiencing the same issue. I have 45k on my car, so I'm out of warranty. Hopefully this isn't too expensive of a fix.

Its break light switch. Dealer will charge u around 130 usd. Switch is about 25-35 bucks. I suggest dealer just in case.

Rear Bumper LEDs

hi, I just installed the aftermarket LEDs for the rear bumper, the last light i put on made these 3 lights come on and disabled my brake lights. I took off the LEDs and reversed everything I meddled with, but the error lights still wont go out. My brake lights will not work now either.. I didn't find any blown fuses, could this be fixed with a BLS?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2