COBB Short Shifter

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

COBB Short Shifter

Hi All Subaru 5 speed manual owners,
    I recently purchased and successfully installed a COBB short shifter on my 2016 XV. The difference after the install was night and day.
    The shift is more mechanical, shorter obviously by about 50%, and drastically improved the way the car feels. I have looked at a lot of different short shifters
    and could not find something that had as much adjustment. You can adjust both shifter height and neutral position independently which can give you the perfect shift.

The link for the short shifter is below if others are interested in COBB short shifters.

COBB Tuning - Subaru 08+ WRX, 05-09 LGT/OBXT, 06-08 FXT Stage 1+ Drivetrain Package

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I think I will be a definite on this, the factory shifter is just rubbish, tragic really when you compare with other Subaru models a bit further up the scale.

However, I am not seeing ANY Cobb product for the XV/Crosstrek, can anyone else??

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

CoolWorked great!

Install took around an hour. Major improvement in driving experience. Also plan on doing the bushings, once I get the stock exhaust off for the new setup. Had a TWM Phantom shift knob which feels good on the COBB Short Throw.

just to confirm, COBB short shifter prod Code 211317, no problems ?, COBB tells me they cant confirm fit, but ok for Impreza 5speed mt, thanks

+ Reply to Thread