2017 Impreza debuts March 23rd!

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2017 Impreza debuts March 23rd!

2017 Impreza debuts March 23rd!

Subaru announced today that the next-generation 2017 Impreza will debut at the New York International Auto Show on March 23rd. Both a sedan version and a hatch will be on display. (The car actually won't go on sale, though, until probably near the end of the year.)

This is going to be particularly interesting for us, because it will give us some strong hints about how the 2018 Crosstrek is going to look!

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease...rnational-auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Looks like I will be going with my Son and close friends...I will take some pics and post them here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Montanan View Post

This is going to be particularly interesting for us, because it will give us some strong hints about how the 2018 Crosstrek is going to look!

http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease...rnational-auto
    I'm not getting a major woody yet...but a minor stiffy might be in order.

Here is a YouTube version:

My guess is the 2017 Crosstrek version with have some minor visual changes Including a higher ground clearance to the 2017 Impreza version.

I love the look of the Impreza hatch concept. Sporty, but also mildly sophisticated in comparison to the current generation. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, the teaser photo released earlier today shows a much more toned down design than the concept, and based on this newest photo, Subaru is still using the traditional halogen headlight! Even the Toyota Corolla has moved to an HID set up and the new Honda Civic offers LED headlights on upper trim levels. I guess there is hope for the option of either, however, one would think that a teaser photo would show off the greatest tech available, which leads me to believe that halogens will be the only headlight set up available... at least at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr69er View Post
    Here is a YouTube version:

My guess is the 2017 Crosstrek version with have some minor visual changes Including a higher ground clearance to the 2017 Impreza version.
    Current Rides: 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium with sunroof & auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink, 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander GT S-AWC

Too bad those headlights didn't make it to the production car. I suppose the same will happen for the XV.

Quote Originally Posted by XV del sol View Post
    I love the look of the Impreza hatch concept. Sporty, but also mildly sophisticated in comparison to the current generation. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, the teaser photo released earlier today shows a much more toned down design than the concept, and based on this newest photo, Subaru is still using the traditional halogen headlight! Even the Toyota Corolla has moved to an HID set up and the new Honda Civic offers LED headlights on upper trim levels. I guess there is hope for the option of either, however, one would think that a teaser photo would show off the greatest tech available, which leads me to believe that halogens will be the only headlight set up available... at least at launch.

I would tend to agree with you, as Subaru has always maintained a super conservative design element...I also agree that SOA has really dropped the ball when it comes
    to the available lighting options on the Impreza and Crosstrek (USDM), while the smaller Canadian market has a HID option ? Really SOA, WTF ! So we (USDM) are left
    with retro fitting aftermarket HID's or using (the best quality we can find) LED bulbs for our Low Beam, High Beam/DRL's and Fog Lights, etc. I spent some considerable
    coin and went the full LED route on my 2016 Crosstrek Limited.

Interesting thoughts: They JUST showed the XV concept last week. Comparing the XV concept with the teaser for the production Impreza, they are very very similar. XV has same body as the Impreza concept with a fascia more like the production Impreza. I hope they do away with those halogens...

Impreza Concept:

Impreza Production:

XV Concept:
    Last edited by CSSM; 03-11-2016 at 03:32 AM.
    Kyle

"Sunnie" Tangerine Orange 2014 XV Crosstrek

SUBARU AMBASSADOR

I really like the look of the next gen Crosstrek concept. Nice evolution of the current design. Definitely same design language as the Impreza concept pictured. I like the more aggressive face of the teaser pic of the next gen Impreza, I'm just not crazy about the halogen headlight.

Thanks for posting the three pics together for comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSSM View Post
    Interesting thoughts: They JUST showed the XV concept last week. Comparing the XV concept with the teaser for the production Impreza, they are very very similar. XV has same body as the Impreza concept with a fascia more like the production Impreza. I hope they do away with those halogens...

Impreza Concept:

Impreza Production:

XV Comcept:
    Current Rides: 2016 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium with sunroof & auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink, 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander GT S-AWC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast