2013 Tangerine Crosstrek Premium

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

2013 Tangerine Crosstrek Premium

Hi, I traded in my 2005 Outback for a 2013 Tangerine Crosstrek Premium. I love it but am missing a few small things that my Outback had. Specifically I'm missing the covered small storage bin right above the radio, etc. where I used to put money for tolls. Also I kayak and my Outback had a rugged hook thingie under the back center of the car and a machined hole in the engine block (also centered) which were great places to tie down a kayak forward and aft.

Funny thing happened a couple of days after getting the car. I thought I was getting fantastic around-town mileage, but then looked closely at the setting. It was set at "average miles per hour". LOL But I am getting very good mileage on a tank that is a mix of around-town and highway driving (30 mph so far). The Crosstrek is my second Subaru, by the way.

One question. After the initial service at 3750, what is the service interval thereafter? I thought it was every 7500 miles but the mysubaru.com site seems to indicate it continues as every 3,750 miles.

Thanks. Joyce

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Hi Joyce
    Welcome! Fantastic choice of color! I think you picked the best one
    Yes we still have our '07 Outback, as well as my Lovely orange XV...and yep there's a few things the Outback has I miss. Little things like the sunglass holder, and the covered hidy-holes in the dash and console. And the little covered hidy-hole in the back.
    But overall the Outback is feeling a little old and dated (Or so my husband tells me...he's desperate to get rid of it for a new Forester lol)

I can't help you with your service dilemma because we have km's here, but I am sure some US members will be able to help you with that.

Welcome aboard Joyce. You only need to change your oil every 3750 miles if you drive under severe conditions such as constant stop & go, towing or rallying your car. All new Subarus require synthetic oil now which is good for 7500 miles of normal driving. Check your car manuel.

Welcome to the forum. What Mainiac said is accurate. Subaru recommends every 7500 for the oil changes, after the first one. Basically once the engine is broken in and you do your first oil change it reverts to the regular 7500 intervals. By the way, nice color you picked there

welcome! enjoy the forum

As for your tie-down situation, some have picked up an additional tow hook (one is found with your spare tire) and put one in the front and rear and used those as tie-down locations.