just paid deposit

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just paid deposit

hi, i have just paid the booking fee for a subaru xv 2.0 I'm from malaysia and the specs is difference from other parts of the world. This is to reduce the price here. I'm not sure to get the white colour or the dark metallic grey. my waiting period is 3 months.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

@drklyong glad to have you in the forum. Did you mean that's the Tanchong-manufactured XV? Can you share the differences? I would like to believe that since it's coming from the holding company that owns Motor Image, we (in the Asia Pacific region) shares the same specs.
    2012 Subaru XV 2.0i Premium CVT, DGM
    2010 Subaru Impreza 2.0R Sport 5-speed manual dual-range, DGM

hi arnoldc, yes you're right. tan chong manufactured. but i dont think it is going to end up in your country. It seems they are exporting to indonesia and thailand only. anyway the different is huge. no keyless entry. no sunroof, no start stop technology. only 3 airbags. but the infotainment seems better.. kenwood six speaker audio. 6 inch touch screen dvd player and garmin gps. other than that same. 90% parts from japan. only 10% part from malaysia.

oh but the price difference is alot. it is selling for 140k malaysia rm. just for comparison toyota 86 is selling for 250k in malaysia. so a ckd subaru xv is consider cheap in malaysia

Thank you for the insights. Yes, Subaru vehicles in the Philippines are, and have always been, from Japan. Well, we also don't have Keyless entry and Stop-Start feature. I have to agree at the better Infotainment you guys are getting.

Hope you can share interior and exterior photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by drklyong View Post
    oh but the price difference is alot. it is selling for 140k malaysia rm. just for comparison toyota 86 is selling for 250k in malaysia. so a ckd subaru xv is consider cheap in malaysia
    My golly, that almost 1.9 million pesos! I got my Premium XV for 104K Malaysia Ringgit! The BRZ is selling here for 143K Ringgit. And yet we complain due to excise tax slapped on imported vehicles.

Yes, Malaysian are paying a lot for their cars due to the government tax. We are one of the most expensive country to buy a car. However maintaining it is reasonably cheap....parking , road tax, petrol, are cheaper here. How come u don't get keyless entry and start stop if your car is from japan.

Only 3 airbags???

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Quote Originally Posted by drklyong View Post
    How come u don't get keyless entry and start stop if your car is from japan.
    It's a decision made by Motor Image.

Sent from my HTC One V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
    It's a decision made by Motor Image.

Sent from my HTC One V using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    so it's something that can be requested when ordering?