Thinking of a 2018 Limited

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thinking of a 2018 Limited

Thinking of a 2018 Limited

Well to be honest I plan to order it in June, the dealer said they'd take an order for Aug delivery then. I had looked at the Honda HRV and Jeep Compess but after driving the Crosstrek I knew it was the car for me. I also drove a 2017 Impreza to try and get a feel for the 2018 Crosstrek. Only wish I could have the Limited and 6 speed but no go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Only wish I could have the Limited and 6 speed but no go.
    I would be tempted to get into another Ctosstrek if Subaru offered the 6MT in the Limited. I would almost certainly get another if they offered the 6MT AND an optional 200 hp+ engine in the Limited.

Welcome!

It seems optimistic for August delivery of 2018 since that is very early for any new model year delivery. Good luck with that.

Late last year, my dealer told me that the '17 model was to be a "short run" in the factory, and the '18 would come out earlier than normal. I'm guessing that since then, SOA has pushed back the release for a couple reasons, one being that they needed to take care of some issues that cropped up with the new Impreza, and two, the '17 is still selling like hotcakes, and they need to milk that cash cow for all it's worth.

I still haven't heard from my dealer anything regarding June orders and August deliveries, but I'm rooting for it to happen as soon as possible.

Does anyone who bought a '13 XV remember if they were released early? It seems like they were, but I wasn't in the market at that time.

Happy to see in Canada we DO GET the 6 MT STD

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?W...ebPageID=21418

Hey with the difference in the $ US vs $ Loonie, you could probably purchase one here and still have change left over

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”

― Francis Bacon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast