Adding Cruise Control

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

Adding Cruise Control

Anybody tried adding just the steering wheel switches for the cruise control and had it work? I've read of a dealer/service center that does it successfully as an oem aftermarket option. When the owners inquired they were told that it was all plug and play and no warranties were hurt in the making of this upgrade. The bill shows the part and labor leading me to believe that it is that simple. I went to my local subaru service center/parts depo to ask about this and i got hesitant answers. But i did get a list of 4 different part numbers one of which actually leads to resellers online of that part; here is that number 83154fj030

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I'm purely guessing here but since cruise control is standard in many parts of the world I wouldn't be surprised if the "guts" of the system are already there and you just have to hook it up to the steering wheel switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasacosta View Post
    Anybody tried adding just the steering wheel switches for the cruise control and had it work? I've read of a dealer/service center that does it successfully as an oem aftermarket option. When the owners inquired they were told that it was all plug and play and no warranties were hurt in the making of this upgrade. The bill shows the part and labor leading me to believe that it is that simple. I went to my local subaru service center/parts depo to ask about this and i got hesitant answers. But i did get a list of 4 different part numbers one of which actually leads to resellers online of that part; here is that number 83154fj030
    I did it on my xv 2015 2.0i and its working great...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread