2016 6.2" Firnware Version?

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2016 6.2" Firnware Version?

2016 6.2" Firnware Version?

Hi All,
    Subaru and Clarion both have been slow to get this information for me so I wanted to post to the group. Those of you with the 6.2" non nav head unit in 2015 and 16 models, what version of firmware do you display when you go to your settings screen?
    I have v.205 which seems low, but I just got the car and not sure if there is an udpated version etc. This version sucks and has a bunch of bugs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Cool thank you for that. My unit code is also different.... PF3678AB V. .205

I will be interesting to see what if any updates they make to this thing... i've lost track of the inconsistencies.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I'm not holding my breath while hoping for updates... there's no profit in free updates unless customers are being so vocal about the bugs that it hurts sales. I'll even be surprised if there's an update that isn't free (but I would gladly pay within reason if functionality was added or improved).

Well, according to Subaru, Clarion is the gate keeper on updates. If you're game to look, there is a youtube video highlighting the shortcomings of the head unit we have. In fact, the guy made such a stink over it that Subaru bought the car back and then paid the difference to have an upgraded car given to the guy for the 7" non nav...which works flawlessly by the way. Also, by clarion. Shame on both of them frankly thinking this unit is acceptable.

I kinda wish I did too...the limited unit is VASTLY superior. All functionality is top notch. The functionality is an "F" at best in the 6.2... They should be ashamed.

Anyone know what model Clarion head unit it is that we have in the 16 Premiums?
    I want to start scouring clarion for information about this head unit that seems to be cloaked in mystery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast