2016 6.2" Firnware Version? - Page 3

1. Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum – General discussion forum for the Subaru XV

Welcome to Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum - a website dedicated to all things Subaru XV.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2016 6.2" Firnware Version?

The only thing I notice is it boots up faster. The whole upgrade process made me very nervous as it takes around a half hour and you aren't supposed to interrupt power during that time. Two major steps of downloading software to radio and then applying the upgrade. I was afraid I'd bricked my radio several times as the download and the upgrade would both pause for long periods with no apparent progress (there's a status bar on the radio during both processes).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

I custom ordered a '16 which came in Mid August that came straight off the boat. It already had the version provided in the links. The radio is probably the one biggest flaw of the whole car. Who has ever had a radio (touch screen or otherwise) that didn't have the ability to just display the presets from the band you are on?! I want to be on FM and just scroll through all my FM presets not go through the whole mix of sources (AM,FM,XM, etc.). Not to mention that the whole Mirror Link is a BIG FAIL for them. I got a brand new car with old Mirror Link technology that hasn't been available on any mainstream phone for years. Really?!! Otherwise I really love my car, I just want a new radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Fast View Post
    https://content.subarunet.com/snet/b..._downloads.htm
    I was able to update my 2015 unit (CM644UL) with the file downloaded from this site - looks like there are files available for 2016 units as well.
    Thanks! Got my 2015 CM644UL updated as well - now it reports (see my post earlier in this thread for prior report):

IMG_20170102_114525041.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    Subaru XV Forum
    Advertisements

Anyone ever find a link to the 2015 Crosstrek firmware update files for Canada (specially looking for CM744CL updates)?
    Subaru have informed me there have been updates (when I've complained about how arse the unit is), but when I've gone in for scheduled service, they never have "qualified technicians" available for firmware updates. So, would love to be able to do this myself and just get it done.

Also the same here in BC CM 744CL anyone else in CANADA done the upgrade, and can post the Link for others north of the 49th to try?

Thanks in advance

Troutbum
    “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand--and melting like a snowflake...”

― Francis Bacon

I think CM744CL is the same as CM644CL. 6 for US and 7 for Canada. I think it's because of some contents are country base.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3